Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the distant realms of my automotive fantasy mind, I was sort of contemplating a move into the GT4 and early renders like this one had me aesthetically interested...

But I have to say that the production version is not my cup of tea and while I appreciate performance wise it might be awesome, I would not buy one based on looks alone. I have always appreciated cleaner over more busy and the wing, and side scoops are a little too busy for me.

If it looked like the render minus the rear wing....I might have been motivated by both looks and performance...

Attachments

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure why the render gave you hope. The final product ended up being remarkably close to the render. The main difference is the side scoop. You knew a GT car was going to have a rear wing after all!
yah you got me on the rear wing, though I guess in the render the black painted portion makes it less visible, but I also see differences in the front spoiler, rake and yes the side scoops are really not doing it for me

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
I love the wing. I was looking for a wing ever since purchasing my 981S Boxster and nothing out there seemed right. This one does. Hope they sell it. Or copy it.

Reactions: Kindrunnermike

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Is the front different? I'd have to pull up the actual pics to be sure, but from memory as I look at that render the only difference seems to be the side scoops and the mirrors. I think the new mirrors are neat and the side scoops probably pop right off if you don't like them. The wing could be painted any colour you like.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I like it too. IMHO - the wing is smokin'.
If I was not an open air Boxster guy I would be thinking about exactly what kind of a hit on depreciation I would be taking by trading in my current 981 right about now.

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
If it looked like the render minus the rear wing....I might have been motivated by both looks and performance...

Are you kidding me? I can’t even tell the difference between the render and the press release pictures... :taunt:

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
I agree the wing is more of an RS version than a GTx car. And the side scoops are ugly, but the front of the GT4, the exhaust note and horsepower are enough to sleep-walk me to the dealer.

Reactions: 981FTW and Mike R.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
I think the car looks awesome! It really does. Better looking than the GT3. And the price....! I'm still shocked at how low it is for a low production model. Porsche could have gotten a lot more coin for this car. I'm excited about this car.

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The wing is the best part of the car, I wish it was an option for the 981 Cayman. I'm a fan of fixed wings, not too crazy about the retractable spoiler on the current Cayman.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
The production version looks pretty close to the rendering if you ask me.

I love the way the GT4 looks. Gorgeous looking car with top notch specs at a reasonable price. I wish I have 200K USD to spare for one (that's the listed price in Hong Kong)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts