1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
71 Posts
aFe is pretty big in the BMW world...I've never had any experience with them myself though. You are correct. That chart is measuring power at the wheels.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Small diameter pipes = higher pitched exhaust sound. I like that, I do think the performance numbers are a bit optimistic though

·
Registered
54 Posts
So, did anyone purchased a headers kit with cats from them? They don't seem very popular on this forum and there catalytic converters seems bad compared to what Fabspeed, Cargraphic and FVD-Brombacher are offering (to name a fiew). They don't cost much though...

·
Registered
416 Posts
I do like their race headers as well.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I don't know what cats they use, but I like the design. Seems close to optimum from a flow standpoint. The head-side flange port has beveled edges to ensure any off-centering smoothly directs the exhaust down the port tubes with little loss. I like the length of the tubes and the collector merging with a very smooth funnel inlet and exit to the cats. The tube at the outlet flange appears to stick out just a bit, like the factory headers. Some other companies do not do this and that increases the likelihood of a leak at the outlet flange to over-axle pipe.

The way the three tubes merge into the cats looks to direct each tube's flow at a slightly different angle, which is good because it uses more of the cat's surface area and will have less backpressure. At least one other company merges the flow from the three tubes into a single flow well before the expansion to the converter, directing the flow at the middle, leading to more back pressure and heating the core of the converter more than the outsides, possibly leading to a short life/thermal failure under extended performance driving.

While different, these sport headers appear to have the same positives that the Cargraphics sport headers have. If they use a HJS HD cat, I would consider it for a part-time track car.

V6

·
Registered
54 Posts
"Dual High Flow semi-metallic 400 CPSI catalytic converters"

I don't know much about headers and cats, but I'm assuming there cats is the reason why they cost less than the other manufacturers. Just like what Agency Power is offering: very low cost, but not so sure about the quality of there headers and cats.

Voyager6, what is your take on Fabspeed's headers and cats? You seem very knowledgeable on the subject and there kit is the one I am currently interested in.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Anyone try these yet?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts