Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The short story.......
I picked up a Cayman R back in September with only 3800 miles on it, after selling my GT4. And after having the car apart since December of 2016, I finally got it all finished up a few weeks ago! I couldn’t be happier with the results……turned out great and a total blast on the first track day of the year.
If anyone is wondering, or cares lol, I have included a build list below of the work I did to it thus far. Not really sure if I would change or add anything at this point, other then picking up a dedicated set of track wheels and tires, but we will see when Fall comes around.
Enjoy!

Build List
· 2012 Cayman R
· Powder Coated the wheels Black Satin
· IPD Plenum Intake
· GT3 Throttle Body
· V-Flow Air Intake System
· Cobb Accessport
· Numeric Racing Competition Shifter
· Fabspeed Custom ProTune
· Fabspeed Race Headers
· Rebellion Forge Custom Built Full Exhaust System w/Custom Tips
· Rebellion Forge Custom Fabricated Roll/Harness Bar
· Rennline Front Tow Hook
· Rennline Wheel Studs
· Rennline rear Subframe Stabilizer w/Tie Downs
· De-Snorkel Modification
· Clear Side Marker Lights
· GT3 Brake Air Ducts
· Pagid Yellow Racing Pads
· Getty Design – 3 Piece Front Splitter
· Getty Design – Dive Planes
· Getty Design – Interseries Wing Assembly/Base
· Tarett Racing - Drop Links
· Tarett Racing – Sway Bars
· Sparco Evo II Racing Buckets
· Planted Seat Brackets
· Schroth 6-Point Racing Harnesses

Attachments

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
I have the ultimate set of track wheels and tires for your car, BBS-RSGT lightweights with MPSC tires, I set a track record with this setup, let me know if you are interested as I need to sell them to make room for a set for the GT4 instead...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the ultimate set of track wheels and tires for your car, BBS-RSGT lightweights with MPSC tires, I set a track record with this setup, let me know if you are interested as I need to sell them to make room for a set for the GT4 instead...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
PM sent! Thanks Ken

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice build. Do you have pland for adjustable LCA's? Just curious, what pulled you to the R from the GT4?
Thanks.....Yep, LCAs are on the list for winter for sure. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved my GT4. Best car I have ever driven out of the box. it was one of those thing that I got an offer I literally couldn't refuse........so I took it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Car look great! You must now have a ton of original parts. Let us know if/when you post them so planet-9 users get first dibs :)

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Great build, are you using the car for any street driving? Just wondering how well the front spoiler will hold up. Also, any adjustable coilovers in the plan? The numeric shifter is an item I am thinking about. Any pictures of what it looks like. How short of throw is it and does it have a positive feel between shift slots that are destintive enough to prevent 5 to 2 downshifts when a lot of racing stuff is happening. Thanks,

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great build, are you using the car for any street driving? Just wondering how well the front spoiler will hold up. Also, any adjustable coilovers in the plan? The numeric shifter is an item I am thinking about. Any pictures of what it looks like. How short of throw is it and does it have a positive feel between shift slots that are destintive enough to prevent 5 to 2 downshifts when a lot of racing stuff is happening. Thanks,
I do plan on driving it on the street a bit. It really is basically a track only/weekend car. So I wont be putting a ton of street mile son it. The front spoiler is pretty stout, which I guess could be a disadvantage as well. But really it doesn't sit any lower then my GT4 did, and I drove that on the street a ton, and never had an issue. I may do coilovers in the future, but I want to hold out and do them right....some JRZs. Maybe this winter....
On to the shifter. Hands down, one of the best upgrades I have done. The thing is just awesome, super tight, no play whatsoever, and adjustable. Very distinctive pattern, no issues with shifting there. I hope that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
On my winter list will be a steering wheel recover and numeric shifter. Maybe I can get the steering wheel cover company to also fashon a boot to cover the lower part of the shifter tower. Thanks,

·
Registered
995 Posts
I do plan on driving it on the street a bit. It really is basically a track only/weekend car. So I wont be putting a ton of street mile son it. The front spoiler is pretty stout, which I guess could be a disadvantage as well. But really it doesn't sit any lower then my GT4 did, and I drove that on the street a ton, and never had an issue. I may do coilovers in the future, but I want to hold out and do them right....some JRZs. Maybe this winter....
On to the shifter. Hands down, one of the best upgrades I have done. The thing is just awesome, super tight, no play whatsoever, and adjustable. Very distinctive pattern, no issues with shifting there. I hope that helps.
The Numeric shifter is one of the best mods I've done to my car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.