Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After 5 years of being without a Porsche, I'm seriously considering capitalizing on Porsche's 1.9 APR financing and picking up one of the following 2010 Boxsters, each with manual transmission:

Arctic Silver/Black
Ventilated Seats
Bose
Windstop
Heated Seats
Self-dimming mirrors and Rain sensing wipers
Bluetooth
Universal Audio
Power Seat
Automatic Climate
18" Cayman S II wheels

or

Atlas Grey/Stone Grey/Black Top
Bose
Heated Steering Wheel
Heated Seats
5mm wheel spacers
Roll bar painted exterior color
Self-dimming mirrors and Rain sensing wipers
Bi-Xenons
PCM 3 with Nav
Power Seats
Rear Center Console painted exterior color

The car would be my daily driver. What do you think?

Thanks,

YoungTurk

·
Registered
549 Posts
Tough choice. The Atlas Gray has the painted roll bars and the rear center console painted as well. And it has the self-dimming mirrors, which is one of the few things that are an absolute must in a car of this size. On aesthetics, I'd take the Atlas Gray. And it has the Nav. Just a great thing for resale.

But the lack of automatic climate control is really a problem in the Gray car - it's a real question of creature comfort. How important is automatic climate control? I'd say very. Because playing with a fan is not something you want to be doing in a daily driver, or, dare I say it, in a car like this. But if you'll be content swearing at the fan noise and the pain of manually adjusting the fan speed every time you drive, while you drive, get the gray.

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
999 Posts
Tough choice. The Atlas Gray has the painted roll bars and the rear center console painted as well. And it has the self-dimming mirrors, which is one of the few things that are an absolute must in a car of this size. On aesthetics, I'd take the Atlas Gray. And it has the Nav. Just a great thing for resale.

But the lack of automatic climate control is really a problem in the Gray car - it's a real question of creature comfort. How important is automatic climate control? I'd say very. Because playing with a fan is not something you want to be doing in a daily driver, or, dare I say it, in a car like this. But if you'll be content swearing at the fan noise and the pain of manually adjusting the fan speed every time you drive, while you drive, get the gray.
The Atlas Gray is a stunning color and the painted console sounds really sharp. The auto climate control is nice but I don't have it in the Cayman. I used to fuss with auto climate when I had it in the BMW so I didn't feel like it was worth the extra $$ when I was ordering my car. And it shouldn't be a deal breaker, especially since it's a ROADSTER......

·
Registered
20 Posts
Color is a very personal choice, though both silver and grey are popular. You should check out cars in these two color at a dealer.
As far as option goes, personally I would substitute the styling options (like roll bar painted in exterior color) with performance options like PASM and sport chrono. Anyhow, you are going to have an awesome daily drive.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I like the artic silver option.... it's almost exaclty spec'ed as mine, except mine is an S and with stock wheels and seats. mine is also a daily driver (although my yearly miles are very low~ under 7k). I think self dimming mirrors is a must. I don't care for the PCM, unless you have an Iphone and would like your contacts to sync -- the non PCM cdr 30 radio will not sync through bluetooth with your iphone contacts. also, it comes with heated seats but no heated steering wheel? mine did. great car you will love it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.