Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering and after market sat nav/radio to replace the factory CDR24. However, my dealer has informed that it would not only void the warranty but would disable the alarm because it goes through the radio. Now I know several of you have replaced your factory unit...so does that mean all of you have disabled your alarm?

It seems highly unlikely to me, but I wanted to verify this before proceeding with the installation.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would it void the warranty ?
I misspoke...it should have said violate the lease agreement. So, I would have to put the original radio back in prior to the lease end. Which is not a problem. I am more concerned over whether or not it does in fact disable the alarm.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Well, if you're leasing the vehicle, then you're really limited to what you can do.

Do you have the BOSE system/speakers?

IF you do not have the BOSE system then a system upgrade is not too difficult. There's a nice kit on ebay that has the wiring harness, faceplate and rails for a double din aftermarket head unit. You could use this kit fairly easily and swap back in your stock head unit at the end of the lease fairly easily.

If you have the BOSE system/speakers its a bit more complicated as you have to swap out the amp in the trunk, and it would require a more expensive installation & "uninstallation".

You may just want to buy one of the kits that allow you to connect an ipod, etc.. through the radio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts