Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using these? Would like to hear make and model and your experiences.

Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Make sure they are the right frequency. My car came with some and they were off by 1MHz. They worked most of the time.

I ordered some oem ones from pelican and it's been flawless ever since. Never skipped a beat in 3 years.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Make sure they are the right frequency. My car came with some and they were off by 1MHz. They worked most of the time.

I ordered some oem ones from pelican and it's been flawless ever since. Never skipped a beat in 3 years.
Cool. Have you got the make and model? They seem to have a few.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
I get whatever TireRack sells and if you have a problem they will replace them for free. I got the wrong ones because I didn't give them the vin number and they replaced them years later.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've ordered a set from Orange which is Taiwanese and been around my part of the world for quite a while. Very popular with the VAG crowd here.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I have after market ones that lasted longer than the original ones that came with car. Work flawless to date and were a quarter of the price the dealer wanted.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I wish my car didn't have TPMS, my opinion is use a good gauge, check it manually and frequently. I have a compressor in my shop so I do it all at home.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wish my car didn't have TPMS, my opinion is use a good gauge, check it manually and frequently. I have a compressor in my shop so I do it all at home.
I still find the knowledge of the increase in tire temperatures reflected in the increase in tire temps to be valuable. My Longacre tire gauge and the TPMS are always spot on. I trust them. My occasional track use on my MPS are an eye opener as far as pressures and the effect on handling.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
These have been flawless, purchased them over two years ago (March 2018) for my 2011 987.2. They were recognized by my ecu and have worked great. Amazon.com: TPMS fits Porsche - Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors Replaces OE Part Numbers 99760602120, 4F0907275B, 95836166100, 95560602100, 7PP907275F - Set: Automotive
Thanks. Don;t you need some additional TMPS module option for this to work. Mine didnt come from factory with TPMS so I' not sure my ECU can recognize any sensor. Or can that be enabled with by PISWIS or whatever acronym that is?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks. Don;t you need some additional TMPS module option for this to work. Mine didnt come from factory with TPMS so I' not sure my ECU can recognize any sensor. Or can that be enabled with by PISWIS or whatever acronym that is?
lol, I often have to go hunting for the acronym translator. Anyway, idk how things work without the factory tire pressure management system. Fortunately my Sypder/Boxster had the oem setup.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts