Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody here installed aftermarket gauges in the 986 or 987? I want to add both oil pressure and oil temp gauges to my track car. There are obviously both oil temperature and pressure sensors in place, the former for the electronic dipstick, and the latter for the oil pressure warning light, but I (a) don't know exactly where they are and (b) don't know if there is a CANBUS or the like with takeoff points I can tap into.

Anyone done this who can steer me in the right direction?

·
Registered
703 Posts
I think that there are OBD-II connected units that will provide the info you want. I have a Bluetooth dongle and iPhone App that reports many aspects of engine ops, but I don't recall off hand if it provides pressure and temp. They are not Porsche specific because a lot of the OBD-II spec is mandated, while the manufacturers can add proprietary data as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.