Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Im in the process of upgrading my headunit cause the Porsche Factory unit is so weak and I cant stand it. The sound quality is good, but it doesnt have mp3, or aux, or bluetooth options? 06 BMWs came with these things standard, my 08 c-class has these things. yet my 07 Cayman S has nothing! I have the the bose system with sub. No navigation.

So I had already bought a pioneer double din screen, as well as a dashkit that comes with the hiring harness to wire to the stock speakers without running new wires through the whole car. It basically plugs in where the Factory Bose Amp plugs in, and you splice into that to retain all the factory wires incase you ever wanted to put the car back to stock.

So going into the stereo install my friend finds out that the factory amp is fiber optic, and the only way around this, is buying the MOST-HUR unit that allows intergration of the factory bose amp with aftermarket headunit, which is $600+, or to run a new aftermarket amp and just wire into the factory speaker harness and replace the amp all together. Im going to avoid going with the MOST-HUR unit cause for $600 to retain the factory amp doesnt sound like a good option to me, considering if the factory amp ever goes out, theres no warranty for that. I would rather go with an after market option that is half the cost, that i can always send it out, or replace as needed.

With that being said, what are some aftermarket Amp options you guys have seen work? I know you need at least a 5 or 6 channel amp and alot of people go with the JL Audio XD600/6 or XD700/5 but these are pricey $400+ options. Has anyone used any ones that are cheaper?

Like this MB Quart one seems to run close the same watts and is 5 channel, but half the cost. Would this work? Enough to power all the factory speakers and subwoofer?
MB Quart NA710.5 Nautical Series 360W 5-Channel Marine Amplifier

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
65 Posts
You are on the right track, bypass the Bose Amp. There are lots of threads about different systems...including one I recently poseted.

Figure out where you want to mount your amp and get one sized to fit it unless you do not care about your front truck not looking stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I bought my RS60 it had the MOST HUR installed with a Pioneer deck.....couldn't stand it. I had no control over the FADE, nor anything with the rear sub system in the BOSE. I ripped it out and went back with my CDR24. I am looking at other options now because I want the same things you do. I tried buying a PCM 2.1, but according to my dealer they could not program it for my car. I found this hard to believe but they say they can't get it to recognize it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts