Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is already answered somewhere. I could not find anything specific.
The options I got with my 2014 Cayman did not include a USB for plugging in my iPhone to listen to tunes. What is the best option available that will look like factory installed?

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
When you are all excited about new Porsche things happen

·
Registered
474 Posts
I was reading that thread on bluetooth connections today and did not come across a discussion on actually plugging in the iPhone into an iPhone aware adapter for the radio. I have one on my Lexus IS 350 made by iSimple - it worked great until the OS 8.0 upgrade. You can/could control the iPod/iPhone (music) through the radio, browse playlists, songs, etc. It still works, but only in what amounts to an Aux mode. Will be looking for something like this for my '14 Cayman-S, but guessing it may be hard to find.

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
If there is no USB in a glove box - you won't be able to control your phone from radio screen on 981. Period. You have to pay $$$$ to get the upgraded package to get that functionality when ordering the car. It can't really be done aftermarket. Not without throwing away the whole PCM unit and replacing it with something nice and functional :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts