Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What aftermarket parking sensor brand would you recommend?

I would want the ultrasonic ones due to reliability of operation, and don't like the electromagnetic ones as we they don't work well in some scenarios. I have only heard of Cobra, so just want to see what other options are out there. The drilling-hole part isn't a huge deal if the looks are OEM-quality.

Why do I need parking sensor? Long story short ... I park in a lot of tight areas, and having parking sensor would certainly help when Porsche AG won't offer that as an option for cars with a GT-badge.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I had rear-only added on a P car once for about $300. I don't recall the brand but despite no visual display it worked fine and made life noticeably easier. The wife pushed for OEM back AND front on the new car (981 CS) and I'm glad she did. It just makes parking a piece of cake, eliminating the anxiety of scratching up the car (or someone else's). I don't think Consumer Reports has vetted the different brands yet, so you may be on your own. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see thanks.

Ya, I prefer no display to save on wiring and need of removing a lot of interior panels.

I just need some beeps in the rear to make sure I'm not missing random metal brackets or pillars around the parking area (or even pedestrians) as I do live in a pretty busy city with many irregular shaped parking. It's really more of a safety thing

I don't find the front ones necessary personally. My 987 doesn't have front ones and it's not an issue for me (I would wish they exist when I'm going through some insanely tight parking lots, but it's manageable).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts