Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm thinking of adding the sports exhaust to my 2013 C2S.
Due to warranty limitations in South Africa, I believe only Porsche centre enhancements can be added. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Just wanted to know if the install will add the button on the console to switch on and off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
When I talked to the dealer about adding the PSE to my 13 BS I was told that the package included the button. I did not go that way as the PSE plus install was about $1,000 US more than my FVD exhaust that I installed. Have absolutely no idea of what your warranty limitations are in SA, sorry.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My OPC mentioned another exhaust that will be covered by warranty. I didn't get the name. Mentioned increase HP with the added sound fx but no button to turn off.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I can't comment on the warranty but I did retrofit the Sport Exhaust to my 2012 991S and it did add the button on the console. BTW, I know that there is another thread referencing relationships with a dealership but I can say that it helps. My retrofit was done for the price of parts only (used suncoast for reference price). Dealer installed the system free.

Hi
Due to warranty limitations in South Africa, I believe only Porsche centre enhancements can be added. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Just wanted to know if the install will add the button on the console to switch on and off?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi

Are you wanting an aftermarket exhaust for sound? looks? performance?

If just for sound, then you can maybe do a Gundo Mod, although, I am not sure if the 991 can do what the 997 does with the Gundo Mod.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you wanting an aftermarket exhaust for sound? looks? performance?

If just for sound, then you can maybe do a Gundo Mod, although, I am not sure if the 991 can do what the 997 does with the Gundo Mod.
For the sound symphony
I need an official Porsche approved modification due to the vehicle warranty and driveplan which is a maintenance plan unique to South Africa I believe.

850 Posts
Hello Tron!

Unfortunately I cannot say on warranty issues on exhaust systems in South Africa, but the Magnusson Moss Act protects aftermarket parts installations from voiding your warranty at least here in the States. Please take a look at our product offering for your vehicle, and let me know if there is anything you are interested in that I can help you with!

Porsche carrera 991 (2012+) exhaust, Intake and ECU upgrades

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello Tron!

Unfortunately I cannot say on warranty issues on exhaust systems in South Africa, but the Magnusson Moss Act protects aftermarket parts installations from voiding your warranty at least here in the States. Please take a look at our product offering for your vehicle, and let me know if there is anything you are interested in that I can help you with!

Porsche carrera 991 (2012+) exhaust, Intake and ECU upgrades
Great stuff you have and prices are good.
I'll check with my dealer about the warranty issue.
I was looking for an option to turn valves on and off using a switch like PSE

850 Posts
Tron,

Please let me know what your dealer says! Unfortunately we do not have a valvetronic option for your vehicle. Our Maxflo and Supercup systems replace the side mufflers and retain the factory PSE in the factory center muffler

·
Registered
32 Posts
Retrofitting PSE to a 991.1 C2S does add the console switch.
It's a option the button.
When you retrofit the PSE is one price, button is an extra $400-500 .
If you do not take the button , PSE will always be on.

You should talk to your Porsche center.
if they install an aftermarket one themselves, you might get away with the warranty.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Spoke to dealer and the only 2 options that they stock is is the PSE with button and the Remus with no button.
Still awaiting feedback if they can install any other brand to retain the warranty

·
Registered
292 Posts
John:
I am familiar with your company, having attended our local club meeting there about 2 months ago. I have a base Cayman and would love to have a throater exhaust that I can turn on and off with a switch like the PSE. Does your product allow that?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There was a Maserati that zipped past me today. Don't care much for the car but the exhaust sound was sweet. Anyway of replicating this on a Porsche?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts