Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i have a 2010 987(Boxster) and I am looking to put new wheels on my car. 17" just dont sit with me properly so I am looking on putting new 19" wheels.

:helpme: Any recomendations as too which website or reference has reliable aftermarket wheels? Please also share and good/bad expierences with after market wheels. I would love OEM's but they are just a bit out of my price range.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Keep an eye on the classifieds here if you're not in a rush. OEM rims pop up from time to time.

In my experience, any decent 19" rims won't be cheap. I know jxreef has been happy with his 20" OZ's from TireRack. They do have a 19" version of it.

Wheel enhancement is another sponsor that may have a good deal on slightly used OEM's.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just ordered 18" OZ Alleggerita in anthrasite for my Artc Silver Cayman through Tire Rack. They come in a broad range of colors and are track quality wheels.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am looking into the Victor Equipment Zehn....but I am still on a controlled budget and they arent too bad in price either...thanks for all the help though....TireRack is a bit out of my range

·
Registered
490 Posts
...keep in mind many of these places will negotiate, especially if you buy tires as well as wheels.

For example, I'm buying the Zehns in a 19 inch size, with 235/35/19 & 275/35/19 Hankook V12 tires (not the best tires but great reviews).

The Zehns aren't the lightest wheels, but I'm getting the entire package installed (including TPMS swapout and roadforce balancing) for $2,084 out the door. I purchased the TPMS rebuild kit for $14 of E-Bay.

I also get the piece of mind of having a local shop should something happen with the rims/tires.

Good luck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i really really like those wheels by Victor Equipment. Now I am trying to spend the same amount as you Owen but did you get a new set of TMPS or used your old ones?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not sure what tire size i can put on my '10 boxster. From the manual it says 235/35zr19 for the front and 265/35zr19 for the rears. Now could i go bigger in the rears and the fronts?....

·
Registered
490 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Not to open a can of worms and go off topic, but how important do you think it is to stay with Porsche approved "N" designated tires?

Also, keep in mind your Porsche crest center caps may not fit some of the 3rd party wheels you're looking at. You'll have to add the expense of adding new caps, if something like that will bother you.

I'm going to move this over to the wheel and tire forum where we can get more eyeballs on this thread.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yes, you can go bigger. Search the forum here for all kinds of good info. I'd go with 295s of 305s on the rear for looks. Fitment can be a little tricky - I'll be relying on advice from posters here and some measurements of my car. Sponsors of this web site are more likely to have all the correct fitment info than random outfits found via bing.

I love those HRE monobloks, but apparently they are made of pure gold...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well I am not so sure if 295's will fit on my '10 boxster without adding spacers, i deff do not want to add additional equipment such as spacers. So do you think my boxster would be able to fit 245/35/19(front) and 275/35/19(rear) without any issues?....

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Yes, you can go bigger. Search the forum here for all kinds of good info. I'd go with 295s of 305s on the rear for looks. Fitment can be a little tricky - I'll be relying on advice from posters here and some measurements of my car. Sponsors of this web site are more likely to have all the correct fitment info than random outfits found via bing.

I love those HRE monobloks, but apparently they are made of pure gold...
Ditto. Those are amongst my favorite wheel all-time.

PM us to discuss your wheel options, we can certainly help!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
well I am not so sure if 295's will fit on my '10 boxster without adding spacers, i deff do not want to add additional equipment such as spacers. So do you think my boxster would be able to fit 245/35/19(front) and 275/35/19(rear) without any issues?....

yes, you can go with 275 in the rear, but tirerack recommended to match them with 245 in the front (slight increase over stock on both ends to match). if you like the stock look, check out finishlinewheels.com, they sell reconditioned OEM wheels (not replica) I am looking at getting 19" sport design wheels for my 07 boxster, they will run about $1400 including shipping and you get the look and light weight of the OEM wheels made by BBS for not too much more $$ than the aftermarket wheels you are looking at.

·
Registered
490 Posts
will take better pictures at a later date (i-phone shot attached), but I just had the 19's installed this morning. Looks great with the OEM center-caps, in my opinion.

Ride quality?

I had 27k miles on the stock 235/40/18 Continental SC2. The same tires in the back had 6/32 tread remaining (same tire).

I was amazed at how quiet the Hankooks are to start, and the ride quality for the first 30 miles (normal commute) felt the same.

Very pleased so far. View attachment 12553

·
Registered
621 Posts
+1. Use the 'Search" feature on this forum to reveal a plethora of information. Yes, you can go 295 wide in rear without spacers if you get the wheel widths and offsets correct. This is what I did and balanced with 255 fronts. Good luck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So i ended up finding wheels that I absolutely love. I haven't seen any pictures of Boxster's with Victor Equipment Zehn wheels on it so im excited. I ordered those wheels with tires and TPMS, the whole deal and it didnt set me back that much. Discounttires.com really helped me out, they are great for wheels!

The Victor Zehn's look great on CS's so i hope the same goes for the boxster. Once i get them and they get put on, i will deff post up pictures.

Thanks for everyone's help!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.