Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed the two tone leather packages for the Cayman have disappeared from the configurator. Hope this doesn't impact my order placed June 2nd.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I just checked to verify what you said and it looks like the Amber Orange color is no longer on the configurator and the two tone under the standard interior with leather package is gone too. I had read recently in one of the forums that this was going to happen and it looks like it finally did. I have the Amber Orange/Agate Grey and really like it. Hopefully you will get what was in affect when you placed your order. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
That's too bad, one of my favorite two tone interiors.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I can confirm that they messed with interior choices yesterday. Bummer.

You would think 2-tone should be on the upswing, but it looks like car manufacturers don't want to offer it in the US.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Every day it seems like one more item of my build has been removed from the configurator. Anthracite Brown, Agate Grey/Amber Orange, the GTS allocations are dried up, etc.

I got mine just in time. Now I need to go pick it up. T minus 2 weeks!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wow, most of the interior options are now gone - no amber, no pebble, no yachting blue in solid or two tone packages.
Looks like Cayman choices now are black, luxor, agate, espresso, and garnet.

Glad I got my agate/amber order in when I did!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I find it even more curious that nothing new and interesting has popped up to replace it! I thought for sure we'd see a black/red two-tone interior or some new exterior colours. Has there been ANYTHING new for 2016 as far as options go? 2015 got Carmine Red. Maybe they figure the GT4 and Spyder were enough... but they could have thrown a bone to everyone else wanting to order something unique.

·
Registered
751 Posts
They are probably just winding down supplies needed for the last 2015s until the new 2016 models come out.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Yeah I think/hope they are just preparing the MY2016 builder.

Having said that, I can easily see them kill two-tone seats in the smaller cars because the 911 doesn't have it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
They are probably just winding down supplies needed for the last 2015s until the new 2016 models come out.
But this is for the 2016 models :crazy:. I don't understand why Porsche would do this, unless they are very poor sellers.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
But this is for the 2016 models :crazy:. I don't understand why Porsche would do this, unless they are very poor sellers.
Probably, people are boring, they like to order silver, black, and white cars with all black interiors. Two tone interiors are rare, for those who have it, enjoy it. With the GTS, GT4, Spyders, all you are going to get is black interiors with alcantara.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Yeah I think/hope they are just preparing the MY2016 builder.

Having said that, I can easily see them kill two-tone seats in the smaller cars because the 911 doesn't have it.
Huh? What doesn't the 911 have? They have two-tone interiors for sure. Are you talking about the seats from the two-tone interiors in the 981's without the full leather package? Does the 911 not use those?

Whoa... I just went to the configurator to look for myself and am shocked by the lack of interior options! I guess they've been taking them away so slowly that I never quite realized how few were left!

I hope you like Black or Luxor Beige if you're ordering now... because that's all that's left! Or Agate Gray and Espresso. Damn!!

No more two-tone of any sort except the FULL leather Black/Luxor. All the partial leather options are gone.

Reactions: mallocfailure

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Huh? What doesn't the 911 have? They have two-tone interiors for sure. Are you talking about the seats from the two-tone interiors in the 981's without the full leather package? Does the 911 not use those?

Whoa... I just went to the configurator to look for myself and am shocked by the lack of interior options! I guess they've been taking them away so slowly that I never quite realized how few were left!

I hope you like Black or Luxor Beige if you're ordering now... because that's all that's left! Or Agate Gray and Espresso. Damn!!

No more two-tone of any sort except the FULL leather Black/Luxor. All the partial leather options are gone.
Yeah. You can have two-tone interior in the 911 today but not two-tone seats. The latter would be an excellent selling point for me.

And quite frankly the former doesn't look that great with dark above the trim and light below. Now you need to pick the trim color very carefully, and there isn't much choice.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I have to say that this change hit me harder than I thought. I was getting excited about making my next lease a Boxter. Most of the cool stuff I imagined had the blue interior. I don't do beige. I have black right now and need a change.

I really hope that this is just ongoing change to feed new things for the next MY.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
And quite frankly the former doesn't look that great with dark above the trim and light below. Now you need to pick the trim color very carefully, and there isn't much choice.
I went with black trim to basically blend it in with the top half. The end result looks perfect. :)

I have to say that this change hit me harder than I thought. I was getting excited about making my next lease a Boxter. Most of the cool stuff I imagined had the blue interior. I don't do beige. I have black right now and need a change.
Don't be too quick to toss out the beige option. It looks pretty great in my Guards Red car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It will be a real shame if they don't replace those two-tone interiors with something. It was a great way to spice up the interior for not much money (it was only, like, a $650 option, if I remember right?).

·
Registered
751 Posts
I meant the 981.2 models

1 - 17 of 17 Posts