Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am colour blind but I would have thought you wanted contrast but you are starting with a darker background. I would be thinking of a light to medium silver or light metallic silvery blue, how light these would be depends on personal preference.

Istanbul has changed a lot since I worked there in 1970. No bridges across the Bosphorus, Hilton the only international hotel, army removing striking workers from our factory at gunpoint, all the 1950's American cars for taxis... happy days.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Nice first post, and fantastic photos (please post more on this forum).

I think your car looks perfect as it sits, but if stripes are your fancy, I agree with other posters that a subdued color like a dark silver (GTS silver?) or lighter shade of gunmetal that is lighter than Agate (more like a "ghost stripe") might look great too. I don't think you'd want to go too bright (white or pure silver), or introduce a new hue (shades of grays over actual colors unless you've got some contrasting trim or accent stitching?). Maybe even matte black stripes?

EDIT: Since Agate is a warm gray, now I wonder if muted (or matte?) gold or even bronze stripes could work too?

Random question: Are there a lot of 981s (or Porsches in general) in Istanbul? Are Porsches mainly concentrated in the cities, or do you find them in the suburbs and countryside too like anywhere else?

·
Registered
392 Posts
My 14CS is Agate Gray and I love it. I know a bit about colors (from the art world) and our gray would be a difficult background for almost any color. I'd thus combine ALL colors and use the resulting color: Black.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice first post, and fantastic photos (please post more on this forum).

I think your car looks perfect as it sits, but if stripes are your fancy, I agree with other posters that a subdued color like a dark silver (GTS silver?) or lighter shade of gunmetal that is lighter than Agate (more like a "ghost stripe") might look great too. I don't think you'd want to go too bright (white or pure silver), or introduce a new hue (shades of grays over actual colors unless you've got some contrasting trim or accent stitching?). Maybe even matte black stripes?

EDIT: Since Agate is a warm gray, now I wonder if muted (or matte?) gold or even bronze stripes could work too?

Random question: Are there a lot of 981s (or Porsches in general) in Istanbul? Are Porsches mainly concentrated in the cities, or do you find them in the suburbs and countryside too like anywhere else?

There are lots of Panameras, Cayannes and few Macans in Istanbul. There are quite number of 911s as well. Caymans and Boxters are rare. I believe that most people do not have much idea how Cayman has a good handling with its mid-engine compared to 911.
You cannot find Porsches in the suburbs; mainly in big cities like Istanbul and Ankara.
I will post more photos soon...

·
Registered
283 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts