Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum Members,

What a great site.

I'm ordering my first Porsche, a base Boxster. My order goes final next week.

My wife insists I buy Agate Grey over Black. I say that that color combination is for a Panamera and if I'm going to order a sports car, I need to go bold. I like the Agate Grey/Amber interior. She says too far out there. Please give me your thoughts and help me settle our dispute. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Hello Forum Members,

What a great site.

I'm ordering my first Porsche, a base Boxster. My order goes final next week.

My wife insists I buy Agate Grey over Black. I say that that color combination is for a Panamera and if I'm going to order a sports car, I need to go bold. I like the Agate Grey/Amber interior. She says too far out there. Please give me your thoughts and help me settle our dispute. Thanks.
There's a lot here that depends on your budget. I mean... if you want Agate/Amber then I strongly suggest you also get full leather. The partial leather won't give you the deviated stitching and the combination just isn't as nice. Depending on what seats you'd intended to order, there could be a big price jump here.

Agate with Black is a perfectly acceptable, if not a bit boring, combination. If it makes her happy and you don't care all that much... go for it.

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I considered Black w/ Agate/Amber for a hot second during my ordering process, but having not yet seen the color in person I was worried it'd be a little too orange and look like Halloween. In person, it's not quite as orange, and those that describe it as being closer to a new baseball glove are probably closer to the real color than the configurator is, lol. But, I think there are better interior colors for black. The Black/Luxor being one of them. I don't think the Agate would necessarily be a bad choice, but I think other colors would pop more. Just one man's opinion. You could be a real rebel and try something like the Agate/Lime interior -- that would certainly be an intriguing choice w/ Black exterior!

edit -- oops, somehow I concluded that you wanted Black exterior; my bad. Ignore me, lol, I think the Agate/Amber would be a great choice on the Agate exterior.

P.S. I would still love to see a Black exterior w/ Agate/Lime, lol.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Agate Grey w/black interior is exactly what I have on my '14 981S. This was the best combo I could come up with for a number of reasons. I was not crazy about any Porsche color options and PTS was too expensive so it came down to AG or DMB. Looking at both in person, AG was the winner. Also, I thought about the amber/agate grey interior combo but by SA talked me out of it siting a possible resale issue. Anyways, I thought the amber dash behind the steering wheel looked strange. So, AG is a bit boring but it shines beautifully, does not attract LE and goes just as fast as any other color.

BTW, this is just my opinion but there is nothing wrong with the standard interior material. I was already spending a small fortune for this car and went with performance instead of luxury. The standard vinyl is just fine and looks great. No regrets except one. So sorry I didn't get the Luxor instrument dials.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Agate/Amber is definately more exciting than just plain black, but I'm biased :dance:

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If your wife is "signing off" on a purchase of a new Cayman, I would not spend too much time discussing her color request. I would just honor her wishes and buy!

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I agree with your wife. Agate/Black and GT Silver/Black are the only combinations I would order. Jazz up the interior with some deviated stitching but avoid colored belts and gauges.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes swessels, mine is the "free" color interior option. I didn't care for Luxor Beige and hated considering black (due to heat, not due to color itself). I had not seen Platinum Grey in person at that point. I was in FL on vacation and went to the Porsche dealership there to see what they had, I saw the PG on a car and never looked back. If you want a picture for reference I can take one and post it for you. Good luck!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yes swessels, mine is the "free" color interior option. I didn't care for Luxor Beige and hated considering black (due to heat, not due to color itself). I had not seen Platinum Grey in person at that point. I was in FL on vacation and went to the Porsche dealership there to see what they had, I saw the PG on a car and never looked back. If you want a picture for reference I can take one and post it for you. Good luck!

I am am really happy with agate over platinum. I installed red belts to spice things up a bit. I saw this combo on a 991 before ordering and liked it a lot.

Black felt too dark for the cayman cabin considering the size.

I really was hot on red for the interior but it is a lot of red. I wanted some black on the dash to break it up like Bmw offers.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I got the Agate Grey full leather. I think its a more interesting color than the all black interior.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I got the Agate Grey full leather. I think its a more interesting color than the all black interior.
Agreed. But i am biased . For me, AG is dark enough to match my taste, without being too dark...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Milehigh981

·
Registered
625 Posts
+1 . Looked at similar car with black interior and walked away as I found the color combo uninteresting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts