Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I brought my 2019 Cayman S in for service and the last two times I went there, the dealer gave me a loaner (I’m 20 years old) but this time I got some new service manager who says, “oh sorry you’re not 21 I have to give you a ride home”. What is this bs? I had to miss my dental appointment because I didn’t have a car to go from my dental appointment back home and I wasn’t going to pay for Uber myself just because they can’t give me a Loaner so I just told them to bring me home. I understand that I’m a “liability”, but I’m pissed because 1) they’ve given me a loaner before 2) some people don’t even live past the age of 21 and you’re telling me I can’t take a freaking loaner car home when I’m insured with a clean record? But yet some 90 year old who can’t even see the road properly is okay to get his loaner. What are your experiences with loaner cars in general?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Were the previous cars they gave you Porsche or other type cars? My dealer hands out other Porsche loaners they have or will use third party rentals if they dont have one. I know technically the age for renting a car in the US is 25, so maybe they were down to only third party rentals and the rules were actually not their decision this time?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Were the previous cars they gave you Porsche or other type cars? My dealer hands out other Porsche loaners they have or will use third party rentals if they dont have one. I know technically the age for renting a car in the US is 25, so maybe they were down to only third party rentals and the rules were actually not their decision this time?
The previous cars were both Porsche’s but this time they were going to give me a third party car. Not sure if that makes a difference

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
The previous cars were both Porsche’s but this time they were going to give me a third party car. Not sure if that makes a difference
It does. As stated, third party rental car companies have specific rules in the US. You are not allowed to rent a car unrestricted from any of them until age 25. Some will allow 21 and over to rent, but at a higher rate or with additional fees for being under age. My guess is they were out of their own cars at the time, so they had no choice but to use a third party car rental such as Hertz, Avis etc which then have their own rules and unfortunately none of them will allow rentals to someone that is under 21 YO

It was their choice and liability to give you one of their Porsche cars previously, but that option did not exist this time around depending on how busy they were and how many cars were already out on loan

·
Registered
897 Posts
To the OP - you must be doing something right - at 20 years old you have a Macan and a 2019 Cayman S.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
That sucks, OP...but the overt ageism with respect to cars (insurance, rentals) pretty much ends at 25.

·
Registered
52 Posts
To the OP - you must be doing something right - at 20 years old you have a Macan and a 2019 Cayman S.

Interesting

·
Registered
3,241 Posts

Good catch. At 1st I thought it was just a quote from post #1. Then I saw Macan and took another look at #1. WTF???
So if it is not against forum rules, I think we've got a T-roll.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Yep, same exact copy/paste story word for word but with a different car in a different forum. He is either really 20 and just a troll, or he is actually the 90 YO guy in his story and cant recall which car he actually owns ;)

·
Registered
897 Posts
Good catch. At 1st I thought it was just a quote from post #1. Then I saw Macan and took another look at #1. WTF???
So if it is not against forum rules, I think we've got a T-roll.
‘His other post on this forum:

I believe this is a cut and post from another forum and obviously another persons post.

·
Super Moderator
13,994 Posts
‘His other post on this forum:

I believe this is a cut and post from another forum and obviously another persons post.
Link?

·
Registered
897 Posts
I couldn’t find it - it was on RennList and seems to have been deleted for some odd reason.

But if you look at this post from the Macan Forum by the same user it’s definitely a cut and paste job - they merely replaced the Cayman with Macan in the story.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Crazy
Cayman Macan
Potato Petato
It's better than registering under 2 different member names here and on Rennlist to post to different forums.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts