Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just pulled the trigger on a Agency Power cat-back exhaust and I am deliberating if I should keep my dream 1 or reinstate the standard t piece? I have heard the AP sound and really like it with the standard t piece, so I don't want to compromise on the sound by adding a dream 1.

However, the standard t piece looks like a hideous design and I can see the benefits of a dream 1 (which is why I bought it in the first place). With the dream 1 and the standard exhaust I get a bit of drone which I am not too fond of.

Has anyone had any experience of trying both combinations? I don't fancy having to try both options as I will be doing the exhaust install myself.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hello Sixer,
We have sold hundred's of DREAM1's and your comment about a drone is the first we have ever heard. The DREAM1 does lower the 'pitch' of the exhaust sound, it is a more mellow sound, and possibly you are thinking of that as drone. We have had a DREAM1 on our 2007 Cayman for six years and no drone...just a nice mellow sound.
Our suggestion would be to leave the DREAM1 on with the Agency Power exhaust to lessen the exhaust frequency of the AP exhaust.
Jim
B C Velocity Exhaust

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drone is probably the wrong adjective. It has never bothered me enough to take it off. Choosing and finding an exhaust note that you like is always a personal thing. The product itself (Dream 1) is great so please don't let my comments put anyone off. You really can tell the difference in response when fitted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts