Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I am trying desperately to decide between Agate Grey and Riviera Blue. I keep going back and forth. RB just looks like it wants to go out and play, whereas Agate Grey looks more mature, professional, executive-like. I love RB, but worry that I might get sick of it. I just don't know. Grey is safe.
Any thoughts, suggestions, opinions, and pictures are appreciated.

·
Registered
107 Posts
A few Agate Grey photos.... this gets shuffled to the front of most group photos at events.....

IMG_2184.JPG IMG_1977.JPG IMG_1530.JPG IMG_1513.JPG

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
The heck with the Executive look. If you want safe, you can buy my Audi A6 that I am trading on my BGTS. I think you should just get the color you like and make yourself happy. Otherwise, you will always wish you chose it later, especially on those Saturday morning floor it kind of drives.

P.S. 981 Agate Amber's, I always like when you post pics of your car with that interior!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sapphire Blue hands down...

Reactions: Rickyb

·
Registered
708 Posts
Which one is going to make you smile every time you go look at it? Maybe both would but which color will really make your heart leap?

i like that RB Boxster with the black wheels, that would make a great looking GTS :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Difficult one... I had a similar dilemma before ordering my Cayman S...

I was torn between Guards Red (Racy and attention seeking) and Rhodium Silver (James Bond classy look) and just couldn'r make up my mind... I went to 2 separate dealers which had the colour/wheel combo I wanted for both cars and and as soon as I saw the red car with black wheels, my heart skipped a beat and the choice was clear...

Unfortunately we don't always get to see the combo of what you want in the flesh but it certainly helped in my case... Good luck

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Easy.
The two colors you narrowed it down to are completely different.
One is a similar color to 50% of all cars on the road. (BTW: I think it is a great color on this model)
The other is over the top. It looks like it came off a race car. (It is probably my favorite Porsche special order color.)

I have Sapphire Blue and really love it. My car would have been Mexico blue if I did not stop the madness at $86k.

Today, I am spending the entire day with my car. I am not sure what I will be doing, but I have been thinking about it all week. Time to get out of bed!

Safe is boring. Riviera blue all the way. I saw two on the market when I was looking but didn't have the options I wanted. Sapphire blue is nice too.

View attachment 52357

View attachment 52358

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Would you really choose a color for your very expensive car based on the tastes of others? Only one opinion counts ... yours.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I should have added that it is easy because you are not slicing hairs with these two final choices. The way you will know if you picked the right one for you……If you sleep well on the night before the order locks in the Porsche system.

Easy.
The two colors you narrowed it down to are completely different.
One is a similar color to 50% of all cars on the road. (BTW: I think it is a great color on this model)
The other is over the top. It looks like it came off a race car. (It is probably my favorite Porsche special order color.)

I have Sapphire Blue and really love it. My car would have been Mexico blue if I did not stop the madness at $86k.

Today, I am spending the entire day with my car. I am not sure what I will be doing, but I have been thinking about it all week. Time to get out of bed!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Would you really choose a color for your very expensive car based on the tastes of others? Only one opinion counts ... yours.
+1!
-Richard

·
Registered
3,117 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Look into a parking lot and tell me how many cars you see in an unusual color -- not many. If you want to blend in, get the grey. If you want your car to pop, get the best color ever made by Porsche, Riv blue.

I would have if PTS was available when I got my cayman......

·
Registered
381 Posts
This is tough. Your personal penchant is the key not others opinions.

Toss the coin and then choose.

When you do it, what word comes to your mind?

Thats it. Go for that color.

My 2 cents. Agate grey is very panameraish.

Riviera blue is so toothpastish. When people get tired of the original color or purchase the second hand car and start fresh, dont they repaint their cars with this kind of vibrant colors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: White Tux

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Between the two, grey looks better. I prefer metalilic silver, white, or black. Red or yellow for standoutish colors, blue for a middle ground.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Between the two, grey looks better. I prefer metalilic silver, white, or black. Red or yellow for standoutish colors, blue for a middle ground.
In other word, you like to be boring and common. lol :)

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
I say just be glad it has paint on it, unlike my 914! Any color beats rust!

·
Registered
798 Posts
There are two trains of thought overall--fit in or stand out.

Agate grey looks wonderful especially with the amber interior. Very classy combo but in my opinion it's s bit more "expected."

On the other hand, Rivera blue is very inspiring and is a standout. I'm not into blue cars but the color really looks incredible, like a true sports car. If you want to be noticed this is the color to get--this could be for better or worse at work. If you go with it, I'd recommend the blue interior, black top, and black wheels.

This is a fully subjective decision. I wanted white or silver with blue or red interior and didn't entertain these colors. If I was choosing between the two color choices you offered (or for my next car), I would absolutely consider the Rivera blue.

My vote is for the Rivera blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
537 Posts
Riviera Blue. It's not even a contest in my mind, let alone agonizing.

Reactions: dolce
1 - 20 of 45 Posts