Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those who wondered if our Cayman S AC system could handle extreme heat...I can tell you that it preformed wonderfully. I actually had to turn the temperature up from 70 to 71 because it was making me freeze!!!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
To those who wondered if our Cayman S AC system could handle extreme heat...I can tell you that it preformed wonderfully. I actually had to turn the temperature up from 70 to 71 because it was making me freeze!!!!!
It's good AC. Heck, I drive a Boxster, and in today's 111-degree heat (Sacramento) it was plenty cold. In fact, even with the top DOWN it was keeping my feet cold.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
A/C has to work A LOT harder to cool a black interior than a sand beige one. Please, when you post this information tell us what color your interior is.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine is fine in Houston too. I have the black interior.

skup, do you get an annoying condensation streak on the windshield in front of the steering wheel? I do and it is a real pain. I'm guessing its just a result of the hummidity and the fact that it concentrates to strong of a blast of cold air on one point on the windshield.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Mine is fine in Houston too. I have the black interior.

skup, do you get an annoying condensation streak on the windshield in front of the steering wheel? I do and it is a real pain. I'm guessing its just a result of the hummidity and the fact that it concentrates to strong of a blast of cold air on one point on the windshield.

I don't keep the air direction setting for the wind shield on - only the directed to the cabin on. I believe I had condensation when I had the winshield setting on. We should do a Houston get together. Sounds like a few Caymans in Houston.

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
Yes brothers. Add great AC to the list of Cayman attributes. We've had record breaking heat here for a week now and that AC kicks!

The unintended consequence is that there is now another reason I don't want to stop driving the CS!

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
If the A/C can adequately cool a black/black car in Houston in the summer, it's good enough for any car in any conditions.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'd like to hear on this topic from one of our Phoenecian Caymanites. I am there often, in fact last week with some friends boating on a lake north of Scottsdale. Beatiful. And 116 degrees. I damn near died. /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/confused_smile.gif -Steve

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
My Seal/Black Cayman does just fine here in Phoenix. Drove from Phoenix to Tucson and return yesterday, 116 degrees, Np problem, even had to turn the AC from recirc to outside at less than 1/2 fan speed.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Just reached 118 degrees today and still climbing here in Redding (it's 1:10 pm) (for those of you unfamiliar with Redding it's in Northern Calif., about 100 miles south of Oregon) I have the sand Beige interior, and the a/c works great!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I too agree its great, the climate control has been fine at around 100 as were going through a heatwave here and you're right sometimes if anything it can get quite cold in the cabin.

Ps. my interior is Ocean/Sea Blue...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Add one to a fan of the AC (black interior). Works so much better than my 350z. I actually just leave it on the smallest fan setting (1 bar) so I don't get too cold.

Edit: and it's been 95-105 in Southern California the past week or so.

Edited by - YLW GATR on 07/24/2006 1:21:10 PM

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
According to the newest factory mag, Christophorus, Porsche sales are up by a factor of 9 within 6 years, in the Middle East. That means that the A/C will easily work in even death valley (125F yesterday).

Party on, Garth ...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts