Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this article while researching if I was going to upgrade to K&N filter again. Last time I made the swap on a 2007 987 base with 20k and didn't notice any performance difference. It did increase the sound you would hear while driving making me think it must be less restrictive. Here is a independent test that shows the difference... Subtle but there is a difference...

Air Filter Flow Testing

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
We had this testing done here on a Cayman S. Facelvega did the work. MUCH better and MUCH more relevant.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
in the spirit of sharing and education... this test includes information of the more important purpose of air filters - removing contaminants.

ISO 5011 Test

·
Registered
134 Posts
in the spirit of sharing and education... this test includes information of the more important purpose of air filters - removing contaminants.

ISO 5011 Test
That's good information, but what I don't understand is all filters must adhere to the standard or ISO for particulate filtration, so does this mean the tests done are still above the standards or the manufacturers don't meet the standards?

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts