Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
I have it in my track car. It's very loud. Fine for a track car. I wouldn't want it in a street car!

803 Posts
I have it in my track car. It's very loud. Fine for a track car. I wouldn't want it in a street car!

We have customers using these on street applications, but the induction noise is quite aggressive.

Overall this a is a great power adder designed for track cars but always applicable to street cars as well if you are up to it.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
We have customers using these on street applications, but the induction noise is quite aggressive.

Overall this a is a great power adder designed for track cars but always applicable to street cars as well if you are up to it.
And what this REALLY means: AGGRESSIVE = REALLY FREAKING LOUD!! There is no way I would want this in a street car if I ever planned to have a passenger riding with me. For that matter, I'm not sure you could even listen to music if you were hard on the throttle.

It's a great mod for a TRACK CAR. But it's not inexpensive and it requires significant work to install properly.

Reactions: 2015CS

·
Registered
86 Posts
Could someone using it on street car tell me how much intrusive is it really?
(how loud is it inside the cabin)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I’ve had a few cars with intakes and it’s less intrusive than a loud exhaust. The noise pretty much scales with throttle position.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I asked my mech about this. "It'll be too loud especially in a tight cabin like the cayman's" was his comment. That said, his loud could be your soft....

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think the fact that the filter is nearly right behind you adds to the volume. As long as it doesn’t drone I wouldn’t rule it out if it’s something you want.

Have you de-snorkeled your intake yet? I think that will give you an idea of what you’re in for, as it will be like that but louder

580 Posts
HI Mike,

So this is at $197.50 now? Oiled or dry? The 12 hp at wheel is just this intake alone with all else stock?

Thanks.
To quote PCS:

"This intake was tested on a stock 987.1 Boxster S with the factory sport exhaust and produced an additional 12 rwhp on the dyno after installation! The graph shows a dyno run from before and a run after, and you can clearly see the a performance gain across the entire RPM range after installation.

As a side note, the car was dynoed with the stock intake, desnorked with the stock intake, with my high flow cold air intake, and desnorked with my high flow cold air intake. A 7rwhp gain was seen after installing the high flow intake, and a 12rwhp gain was seen after desnorking with the high flow intake. As far as desnorking with the stock intake, I believe that there are minimal gains, but the dyno runs were so close that it was too difficult to make any other claims."

The filter is oiled, similar to K&N. MSRP is $395 USD.

-Mike

·
Registered
725 Posts

Hi,

I see you have an Evoms air filter that looks very similar to the one from Schnell. Can you share the differences between yours and theirs please.

Thanks.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Got this reply from Evoms :

"I haven’t seen one of these in person, but it appears to be a direct rip off of our design and even product description. We use a billet aluminum Venturi while that nearly identical listing states they use a plastic one. We also have the filter custom made for us using top quality filtration media, not sure what they’re using or how it functions.

It is a cleanable, non-oiled filter. Typical lifespan is 5-10 years depending on how dirty your climate is and the care taken working with the filter (to prevent damaging the rubber). If cleaned before it gets totally caked with dirt it should last a long time.

On a bone stock car this is worth 7-9hp on a Cayman/Boxster S. There is a nice improvement in induction sound as well.

The bad news is that we are currently sold out of these. More are expected probably mid to late February."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts