Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For reference, I have a 2010 Cayman (base) with 63K miles.

My airbag light has recently come on and continues to go back after clearing it. Reading the codes with my iCarsoft POR II I am receiving the following:

Code 801c - Passenger's thorax airbag, sort circuit to ground

and

Code c152 - Communication PSM control unit (drive)

From what I have read, having the passenger's seat up against the engine firewall can trigger this code so I will move the seat up, clear the code and see what happens. Is this due to the cables just being stretched too far?

As for the other code, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
896 Posts
I get a PSM code if I unhook the battery. It goes away after driving a bit. When I left the key in all night and killed the battery I got the airbag light but after clearing the code it stayed off. Are you having battery issues ?

·
Registered
110 Posts
For reference, I have a 2010 Cayman (base) with 63K miles.

My airbag light has recently come on and continues to go back after clearing it. Reading the codes with my iCarsoft POR II I am receiving the following:

Code 801c - Passenger's thorax airbag, sort circuit to ground

and

Code c152 - Communication PSM control unit (drive)

From what I have read, having the passenger's seat up against the engine firewall can trigger this code so I will move the seat up, clear the code and see what happens. Is this due to the cables just being stretched too far?

As for the other code, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
I had this same issue in my 987 when my wife would try to recline the seat too far. The airbag light would come on if there was too much pressure on the back part of the seat. Once the seat was readjusted the light went off.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had a passenger airbag code in my car when I picked it up new. The PO had taken it to the dealer and had the code removed and it never came back.....fast forward a few weeks and I was detailing the interior and found a water bottle shoved under the seat. My guess is that the bottle some how interfered with the weight sensor. I removed the bottle and have never had a code since.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The first time these lights came on was from a drained battery. I had left my hatch and trunk open over night while replacing my water pump meaning that the interior lights stayed on. Went to start the car and the battery had drained. I recharged the battery and cleared the code and everything was fine. Now (three months or so later) the lights have come back on and come back as soon as they are cleared.

I've moved the seat up from against the firewall but the codes still come back. I will be pulling the seat out and basically will just unplug and re-plug the harnesses and hopefully that will fix it...

I guess if all else fails, I will take it to the dealer and maybe they can re-calibrate it. BudC, do you remember how much that might have ran you?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So I took the car to an independent Euro shop and they said that Porsche had posted a bulletin (at some point) about the air bag harnesses inside of the seat back causing resistance issues that would lead to throwing a code. They were leaning towards that.

Found the part number and it looks like they did update the part from 997-612-786-01 to 997-612-786-02. A new harness is pretty cheap, but does anyone have experience taking the seats apart?

I found this video which is sure to be helpful, but does anyone have experience taking off the seat cover and accessing said harness?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpX4D693D1I

·
Registered
385 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts