Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help? My aircon has been blowing vapour mist into the car. As I took it up with the dealer they said that there are some water (condensation) in the system and that I have to set the heater on to be able to dry the water as i did. But now there are n type burnt stink coming from the vents What must I do

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andrew

I am just worried that there are something serious wrong. I phoned the agency in Johannesburg and they didn't know what only to bring the car in. Thanks I will have a look at the product

andre

·
Premium Member
4,144 Posts
Andrew

I am just worried that there are something serious wrong. I phoned the agency in Johannesburg and they didn't know what only to bring the car in. Thanks I will have a look at the product

andre
Check to make sure that it is actually water condensation, and not coolant. If you have a heater core leak you can get this issue. Has happened to me, but not on my Porsche. Rub the 'fog' on the window when it appears and if it smears, it's most likely glycol.

I'm especially concerned if there is a smell to it (like lightly burnt rubber or such). Get it looked after because you don't want to be sucking in glycol fumes if you can help it, if that's the case. Any reasonable mechanic should be able to tell if he isn't jerking you around.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gtscayman

Thanks for the respond, I think that that is the case. One morning the coolant light came on and the reserve was empty so I filled it up. The fog in the car looked like steam and it smeared on the windscreen.

What do you think could have caused it?

Do you think that it is safe to drive it for 250 km to the agent. or must I perhaps get someone out to fix it here

Andre

·
Premium Member
4,144 Posts
Not sure about the cause if it is leaking coolant - could be a faulty clamp, hose, or heater core for some reason......

About driving it - if you can convince yourself the coolant leak is slow enough that it won't pull the level down much for a 250k drive (and that it won't suddenly turn worse), and you can turn the defrost or fan function off for the drive, so the air isn't going through the possible leak area, then I'd chance it. If not, get Porsche to tow it if you can. Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Gtscayman again.
I spoke to our dealer, they came the next day picked up the car on a lorry and gave me a loan car. It was at the dealer for a week now and I am driving through to Johannesburg to pick it up. It was the problem that you suggested, they could pick it up directly but I insisted. So after a while they found the leak in the aircon box. They replaced that also the carpets. Good service from the South African dealer.

·
Premium Member
4,144 Posts
Sounds like a happy ending. Glad my previous experience could assist someone else! :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts