Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An Antonov 225 landed in MIA on Wednesday, Feb 10th and got to take a few shots of it.

Six engines, 32 wheels, two vertical stabilizers, world's largest (widest) aircraft.

That is one big puppy!

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
I thought I saw one of these a PBI last year, but I didn't think our runway could accommodate it. There must be smaller members of the family. Nice shots. I didn't think anyone could get that close to the tarmac anywhere at MIA.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Wow, what a machine! I would love to see that parked next to a C-5 Galaxy for comparision.

And I see you got your Cayman in the photo too. Just for that, I'm going to leave this thread in Cayman chat and not move it to the off topic section...

:hilarious:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A few more :)

The runway was able to accomodate the aircraft, but the adjacent taxiway had to be shut down and it actually taxi'd on the parallel runway to get to it's parking apron.

I wish I could have taken a pic of the car with the plane next to each other. That would have given a better perspective on the magnitude of this thing.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
MAN that thing is BIG!!

·
Borlafide member of Northeast Group
789 Posts
Yeah I have one on order as my private plane..but seriously that's not a plane that's an oil tanker with wings.

Hey your lobster claws look great on the tarmac.....

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yes, very big. There must be smaller members of the family as I saw one of these at the Oshkosh Fly in a few years back but it had a single vertical stabilizer.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Antonov 225 wingspan 290 feet length 275 feet
Airbus a380 wingspan 262 feet length 240 feet
Galaxy c5 wingspan 222 feet length 247 feet

Galaxy C5 no longer that big. Airbus 380 bigger at least wingspan and only and only 7 feet shorter in length.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They were carrying supplies to Haiti.
I heard that when it took off, it had a gross weight of 1 million pounds.
I have some connections that got me airside. :)

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
You're fortunate it did swallow the Croc . . . . I have visions of seeing Haitians crusing the rumble in style.

:)

That's a seriously big plane.

·
Caymaniac
5,655 Posts
Turn your speakers down.

So big you can land a space shuttle on it's back.:eek:

·
Registered
549 Posts
That's a big plane, but in the first set of pictures that's an awfully good looking cayman, as well.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I read about this a while ago. The largest plane in the world!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts