Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello chaps - having had a 981 Boxster for over two years now, this annoying problem has risen in the last few week:

I'm getting a bleep when I lock the car (indicating a trunk or internal glove box is open) but everything seems ok. I suspect a sensor switch maybe even though everything looks secure. Have checked all doors, cubby, glove boxes etc to ensure they're all shut.

When locked the alarm is sporadically going off (usually in the early hours usually!) This may be related to the above and has only occurred in the last week. This is becoming a nuisance.

This has occurred in the last week since the weather's been sh*tty so I bet that's connected somehow. No leaks Btw in passenger footwell.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I am as far as I can be from the title of "Porsche repairman" but some experience with new German cars is leading me to this question : how old is that car's battery? Is there any way you can get a reading on the voltage?

You would be surprised what crazy stuff on German cars forums ends with big thank you from OP after realizing the battery charge was shot.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Alarm Battery back up in these can go duff , cheap eBay replacement and swap out yourself

Car battery voltage can be checked in the pcm on rh dial.... to confirm that’s ok

1 - 4 of 4 Posts