Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an garaged 06 CS. The car alarm has recently randomly begun to go off. i have tried keeping it off the trickle charger, doors unlock/locked, windows open/closed to no avail. has anyone had a similar issue or any suggestions before i race to the dealer??

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Hey earman, nice to see you back!

Don't laugh, but do you have a microwave oven on the other side of one of your garage walls? I've seen a long thread on another forum where it was determined that a 911 owner had a microwave oven that would trigger his alarm every time it was used.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Hah thats funny but could be true, I believe in the old days people with pacemakers had to stay away from microwaves, so they can cause some intereference with a lot of stuff.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i have an garaged 06 CS. The car alarm has recently randomly begun to go off. i have tried keeping it off the trickle charger, doors unlock/locked, windows open/closed to no avail. has anyone had a similar issue or any suggestions before i race to the dealer??
Earman
I actually had this issue at a parking lot, I end up leaving the car unlocked for 20 minutes I couldn’t figure out the issue.
The Cayman alarm is very sensitive for very good reasons.
If it detects an external signal while you are locking the door ( ie cell phone, nav, microwave) it will start going off without any interruptions
This is a protection mechanism incase some one is trying to pick up the IR code from your keys.
Now you maybe having 2 issues here the first one is a simple fix, the second one will most probably require you to go to dealer.
If you are having the IR issue as I indicated, your keys and the car alarm has to be resynced .
When you car is locked put the key into the door.
Unlock the car, and lock the car again with the key
You have just synced your key codes again
Now unlock the car with the remote key and lock again
Wait few minutes if you don’t hear the alarm then everything is good.

Someone else on the board had a similar issue and this did not fix his problem.
His issue was with the alarm sensor in the car and it was defective
It kept detecting a movement in the car.
He took it back to the dealer and got it replace.

I hope this helps
Let us know how you make out!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine just decides to lock itself when I finish loading things in trunk. It happens a lot. I'll put something in the trunk, shut it and before I can get to the door to get in it locks with a chirp sound that I normally don't get when I lock it with the key. I'm terrified I might lock myself out, but it only happens with the trunk.:helpme:

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
Mine just decides to lock itself when I finish loading things in trunk. It happens a lot. I'll put something in the trunk, shut it and before I can get to the door to get in it locks with a chirp sound that I normally don't get when I lock it with the key. I'm terrified I might lock myself out, but it only happens with the trunk.:helpme:
I think that happens if you just pop open the trunk, without unlocking the car first, when it is locked. Try unlocking the car, and then opening the trunk lid, and I don't think it should happen.

·
Registered
283 Posts

That's to prevent you from forgetting to lock the doors when all you are doing is taking or putting something in the trunk but not driving.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks everyone, i have been alarm free since syncing but will keep everyone posted if needed!!! when is the summer again???

·
Registered
131 Posts
Glad to hear that!! It doesn’t look like the summer will be coming to NJ Shore any time soon, I was shoveling for 4 days last week!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Reviving an old thread,
I recently had my car (07 Cayman) into the dealer and they reset a couple of things as the drivers window would not roll all the way down, they changed the setting from Cayman to 911 and boom the window rolled all the way down. They also changed the lights from always being on (daytime running lights) to allow me to control turning the lights on and off manually.
Everything worked normally for the next day, then about 24 hours later I unlocked the car with the FOB and the drivers side door stayed locked, so I unlocked it with my key got in and the alarm sounded, I disarmed and drove off.
I then started to hear the alarm chirp twice, indicating a malfunction, both when slowing to 0 and when trying to lock the car. I referenced the owners manual and did the reset to no avail. I also tried the locking/unlocking suggestion in this thread with the key in the door then the remote, this stops the double chirp/ flash but the drivers door still stays locked and the problem persists.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
229 Posts
+1 for the microwave myth!!
Everytime i turn the microwave on the car goes in psycho mode with the alarm going off!!
Wth!??

I started to use less and less microwave now since it is so annoying!
:hilarious:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Seriously folks, I could really use some advice if anyone else has ever run into this.
I was planning on installing a set of LED spars this weekend but am now hesitant to do so due to this issue.

One additional thing I may have neglected to add is that if I try to drive the car in this condition, I get a double chirp from the alarm every time I slow to 0 then accelerate again, very annoying.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
221 Posts
The more I think about this, I am thinking that the drivers door not opening when using the FOBs radio waves must have something to do with the dealer programming that door/window as a 911 (see earlier post in this thread) the alarm/ key fob worked normally until it sat for over 24 hours, I am thinking this must have reset something back to factory settings in the car and now my key FOB isn't syncing with the drivers door because of the change in programming? Does any of this make any sense?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Update: took the car to the dealer today and determined that the problem was a loose wire, fixed in a couple hours. So far so good.
Thanks to JH for the assistance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts