Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if when you lock your car with the key, does the horn beep or not. Mine does sometimes and sometimes it does not. Whats the deal with that. I belive it should honk once. Why would mine be doing that. Any ideas. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
Unless your car is programmed differently by the dealer in some way, the signal for the locking and setting of the alarm is two flashes of the parking and brake lights when it locks and sets, and one flash when it unlocks. When the horn beeps when you're setting it, it means something, either the hood, hatch, doors or I believe the glovebox too, is unsecured. So if it beeps, check to see what's amiss - don't just walk off and assume the car is locked and the alarm is set. This is all covered extensively in the owner's manual.

brad

·
Registered
829 Posts
no beep for me, actually would be nice to have one since sometimes I press the lock key a couple of times to make sure its lock. Bothersome.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beez,

Good job man. Makes sense. This morning it beebed a few times and i noticed the hood was open a bit. Once i closed it and drove to work and locked it, i didnt beeb. Makes sense now! Wish it beebed when you lock it though to make sure that it is locked. Oh well.

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
khaled,

Happy to help - you'll get used to it, it's just different from what your last car did. I'm sure your last car was different from the one before it, too. You'll also get used to looking at the rear of the car for the lights flashing when you arm the alarm.

I know nobody ever reads the owner's manual on anything these days, but if you spent 30 minutes going through it sometime, you'd be surprised at how many questions you don't[/quote] have to ask on this site... it's actually, imo, a well-written book that explains a lot of stuff and how it all works.

brad

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
I don't like the horn honking except to say, 'look out!' in traffic, when somebody is on the phone and isn't driving their car!!

The light flash only is discreet, and courteous others.

The owner's manual is way cool. And really worth reading 1-2 times.

I wish a hard-copy workshop manual set was available for this car, but they aren't making them ...

·
1,059 Posts
No beep here. If you press it a few times, it is even worse, as you don't know if it is locked or open???

I think when you press the button, the front turn signal lights up, but as you head for the car, you will never notice it unless you are approaching it from the front. I will study the manual tonight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts