Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What security does the boxter s come with?
Without going into details, is it good to cover the car?

I cant seem to find any sensors inside the car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have noticed a small black button type thing to the left of the steering wheel (RHD) mounted in the dash, but don't know what its for, any ideas?

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
From Porsche iManual | 2013 -

The alarm system monitors the following alarm contacts:

• Alarm contacts in doors, luggage compartment lids and headlights.
  • Interior surveillance: Movement in the interior when the vehicle is locked, e.g. attempted theft after breaking a window.
  • Inclination sensor country-specific equipment: inclination of the vehicle (e.g. when attempting to tow).
If one of these alarm contacts is interrupted, the alarm horn sounds for approx. 30 seconds and the emergency flasher flashes.
After 5 seconds of interruption, the alarm is triggered again. This cycle is repeated up to ten times.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
From Porsche iManual | 2013 -

The alarm system monitors the following alarm contacts:

• Alarm contacts in doors, luggage compartment lids and headlights.
  • Interior surveillance: Movement in the interior when the vehicle is locked, e.g. attempted theft after breaking a window.
  • Inclination sensor country-specific equipment: inclination of the vehicle (e.g. when attempting to tow).
If one of these alarm contacts is interrupted, the alarm horn sounds for approx. 30 seconds and the emergency flasher flashes.
After 5 seconds of interruption, the alarm is triggered again. This cycle is repeated up to ten times.
I've tried waving my arms inside of my Boxster after I lock it with the roof down and nothing. Maybe the roof has to be up or someone needs to be sitting in the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts