Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am about to order my cayman S and i was wondering it there is anyway to order it with the alcantara headliner??? (like in the 996/997 models)

thanks alot

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
according to the order guide, yes (option code 594 for $1180)

your dealer should be able to tell you if it's available

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I see no point in getting alcantara headliner unless you just want to be different. Pics if you do decide to get them.

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
<hr width="100%" size="2" />
Does the 'roofliner' include windshield pillars?

No, it doesn't - just the headliner material.

My 2002 996 twin turbo had the alcantera headliner, and I have to say, it did feel pretty nice, and it made the whole cabin a little more quiet - it seemd to soak up some of the noise, while I think the headliner in my Cayman S seems to be more lively, bouncing the noise around more, in the acoustic sense.

The alcantera actually might be a wise choice if you want the stereo to sound better.

brad

·
Registered
635 Posts
I've noted before that Porsche doesn't seem interested in color-coordinated interiors (especially seat belts in only black, red, yellow and silver; and cargo net only in black). Now they make the Alcantara headliner in only the same three colors (black, gray and beige) as the standard headliner. How hard can it be for them to buy a few packets of dye so that interior trim matches the seats? It's bad enough that many colored interior items (dashboard trim, air vent louvres, A pillars, sun visors, etc.)are [very] high-cost options, but not even having the matching headliner available is pretty chintzy.

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
At more than $1K USD the alcantara headliner is pricey (what isn't right?). Even if it had been available when I ordered I would have passed on it for a black interior. Perhaps in grey or or beige it would be more noticable.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Does the 'roofliner' include windshield pillars?

No, it doesn't - just the headliner material.
Well, that's brilliant. For $1108, the ugly ricer plastic windshield pillars are left unchanged?

Aston Martins have alcantara on their windshield pillars..

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Last time I checked, the PGB configurator listed the alcantara roofliner at no extra cost. Not sure whether it is a mistake though.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Go to www.porsche.com/usa, click "Build Your Posche", choose Cayman or Cayman S, go to tab 5 (Options), click on "Interior Leather" from the bottom RH list and you'll find the "Roof Liner in Alcantara", second from bottom for $1,180. It looks and feels good, but too expensive.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<div>does anybody have a pic....i am really excited i cant wait to order, thanks a lot I was pretty disappointed with the factory roof...</div>

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
<div>does anybody have a pic....i am really excited i cant wait to order, thanks a lot I was pretty disappointed with the factory roof...
<div></div>
</div>

·
Registered
232 Posts
I tried to get it on my car last January and was told it wasn't available. Too bad, it is beautiful. It is not a big thing, just a very nice option. To see it, you can go tothe dealership and get in a few 911's. It looks like suede.

Cheers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts