Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys, any Cayman here with Alcantara interior parts or mods. I love the Gallardo Superleggera interior with Alcantara. Think is a masterpiece and more fancy and good looking. I really think that the Cayman interior is too simple and would like to upgrade mine. Any suggestions or photos?
Thanks

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have the steering wheel, maual shifter & center console cover in alcantara ......it really changes the look of the interior! I like the feel of the steering wheel as it is thicker & doesn't feel cold or hot during summer or winter. I also have the center console in aluminum look with logo.

I will take pictures tomorrow and will post them.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
LOVE the look and feel of the Alcantara interior. Wish mine had come with it.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Some people complain they think it wears faster than leather, but I have had the exact opposite experience. I had alcantera seats in my Audi S4 and they looked brand new after 35K miles.

How does the alcantara wear? Does it look used faster than leather?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Seats maybe, but my alcantara steering wheel and shift knob wore out after 1.5 years of use. 15k miles.

Some people complain they think it wears faster than leather, but I have had the exact opposite experience. I had alcantera seats in my Audi S4 and they looked brand new after 35K miles.

·
I'm an excellent driver ....
1,628 Posts
I have The steering wheel, center console lid, shifter, e-brake, lower dash and GT3 RS Alcanatar seats. I also have the order number for the Alntara ceiling from Suncoast but have not ordered it yet.

....hmmmmm don't really have any up-to-date pics, no pics of the seats ... and the ones i have are all over exposed and flashed out

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello fellas,

Well my first post, I have my car (non Cayman Porsche) done in Alcantara and I believe it'll give the interior on the Cayman a great impression. It changed my whole outlook on making the interior comfort more exotic feeling. As for the steering wheel wear. Oils from your hand tend to help with the breakdown of the texture and finish of Alcantara, I just wear driving gloves to help preserve them. Upkeep is just used with a damp non lint cloth dabbed to keep the exterior of the fabric fresh.

I am here on the Site helping my brother research his Cayman S and I believe we will in the future be going this route aswell.

Hope this helps. This Tech Art Cayman S pic I have is really growing on me.
Here is a picture of my interior.

Gil

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
the alcantara that I had in my STI wore well, with no deterioration over 90000 miles. Also, wonderful for winter and summer temperature extremes.

Would strongly recommend alcantara, and it is available in some interesting and contrasting colors that would look really sharp.

I had already been considering the alcantara before this post.

good luck, and keep us posted.

mike

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
the alcantara that I had in my STI wore well, with no deterioration over 90000 miles. Also, wonderful for winter and summer temperature extremes.

Would strongly recommend alcantara, and it is available in some interesting and contrasting colors that would look really sharp.

I had already been considering the alcantara before this post.

good luck, and keep us posted.

mike
Agree, the alacantara in my 2008 STI is holding up very well and remains attractive. I believe it gives that car a more sporting appearance. That said I love the full leather in my new CS and wouldn't dream of tampering with it.:):)

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have The steering wheel, center console lid, shifter, e-brake, lower dash and GT3 RS Alcanatar seats. I also have the order number for the Alntara ceiling from Suncoast but have not ordered it yet.

....hmmmmm don't really have any up-to-date pics, no pics of the seats ... and the ones i have are all over exposed and flashed out
Dude, you need to put Alcantara on that baby seat!

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've got the Alcantara s/wheel, handbrake, gearstick, headlining (roof) etc as part of the DE1....

I would concur with others who have already said that wear is an issue on contact points - after 15,000 miles the stick and wheel could do with being redone. However, headlining obviously experiences zero wear & tear and looks as new - I love the headlining; very luxurious and deadens cabin noise a treat!!

All in all I'd go for it again, just prepare yourself for a bill around 15k miles ;)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well guys I finally made my mind. I went today to an interior master here in Puerto Rico, he works for Aston Martin, lambos and that kind of cars, and will do almost everything in alcantara. Steering wheel, Knob, Door panels, Roof, center console, e-brake, lower dash. Almos everything except the seats. He gave me an excellent price I think. Have the appointment for the 22nd this month so I will let you guys know how everything goes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.