Discussion Starter #1

[TR]
[TD="width: 80, align: center"]
Carscoops (blog)
[/TD]
[TD="class: j"]

Alfa Romeo 4C vs Porsche Cayman S – The Chris Harris Version
Carscoops (blog)
The default choice in the compact premium sports cars segment is the Porsche Cayman S. Some competitors may be better in certain areas but, as a whole, the Cayman is the best all-around package. On the other hand, choosing a sports car has to do more ...

http://news.google.com/news/more?ncl=dgyhVg93vJvwtOM&authuser=0&ned=us
[/TD]
[/TR]

More...

·
Registered
432 Posts
The Cayman is a 'real' car that you can live with every day. Cars like the Alfa and Lotus are really more track focused at the expense of being great daily cars. Its not to say that the Cayman isn't itself great at the track, but I think the Alfa and Lotus both jump out as weekend toys.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Re: Chris Harris on Cars: Alfa 4C v Porsche Cayman S

Thanks for posting. I like this guy and the way he tests cars. No stupid hype and he can actually drive them the way grey were intended.
Would like to see 4c versus Evora - similar cars.

·
Registered
507 Posts

was surprised to see an Open dif cayman slide so well

·
Registered
708 Posts

I guess I don't get all the drifting and sliding around.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts

Never liked fiat.

That guy never says anything bad about the cars he reviews. Its always emotional stuff to give a car attention. Entertaining if nothing else.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
I'm with you--the constant drifting seems weird in an entertaining kind of way. And the attraction of Harris is that he entertains while he slides the car sideways. He seems sincere, if not critical. But he does love all things Porsche, which makes all of us feel good about our own particular passion...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
507 Posts
I think most normal viewers don't understand most words like understeer, oversteer or any of the technical stuff so I think he likes to keep it pretty simple and keep it for entertainment value. He started to do some Race car reviews a while back and I really liked those.

·
Registered
196 Posts
lol @ my thread getting merged with an rss feed after a few people replied.

no offence but you guys and gals really love sending threads to their death. ;)

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Yeah... there should probably be a moderator rule that says if anything is going to get merged in with an RSS bot post, it's the bot post that gets merged and the human post that stays active. :)

·
Super Moderator
13,989 Posts
Yeah... there should probably be a moderator rule that says if anything is going to get merged in with an RSS bot post, it's the bot post that gets merged and the human post that stays active. :)
Or how about doing a search and ...

not posting a video that has already been posted?

:) :cool:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Or how about doing a search and ...

not posting a video that has already been posted?

:) :cool:
may i speak freely? :)

the rss feed is not a video. it's a crappy scrape of a blog that is poorly formatted that redirects traffic from this forum to their site.

essentially, it's free advertising and traffic for them and potentially a loss in traffic from the forum as somebody had to leave the forum to view it.

when viewing the org thread, the embedded video can be watched without ever having to leave the site. it's also a better quality video than the one on the blog that was scraped.

whatever though, it's not my site and you guys can do whatever you want to. in the future, i will confirm that a bot did not find garbage content before i post any quality traffic.

sorry i spoke freely. i hope i'm not punished for doing so. :)

·
Registered
3,618 Posts

Never liked fiat.

That guy never says anything bad about the cars he reviews. Its always emotional stuff to give a car attention. Entertaining if nothing else.
I find the trick with many reviewers is to discount mere praise and pay attention to superlatives, as if they were mere praise. In this case, I don't think Harris likes the Alfa much.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts

I rather expect he's in the same boat as every single other car-guy on the planet when it comes to that thing, except he has to make videos about it. You just know it's not going to be very good, but you're just so happy that it exists that you want to do everything you can to just ignore the deficiencies.

I wouldn't dream of buying one... but I LOVE that it exists and I think it's a really important car for the future of sports cars. This is the first car for under 6 figures built up from a carbon fibre tub! That's AWESOME and is the first step to having many such things for the normal person.

BUT... it's their first shot at it... and there had to be a lot of compromise for it to get to that price... so you just knew it was gonna suffer for it.

Reactions: MidEngine-Fan

·
Registered
751 Posts

Is it just me or did the 4C exhibit significant body roll while the Cayman was pretty flat?

·
Registered
166 Posts

Is it just me or did the 4C exhibit significant body roll while the Cayman was pretty flat?
No it's not just you, the 4C definitely has some body roll!!

The Cayman is just plain brilliant!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts