Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
setting up 06' Cayman S for DE events, suspension is PSS9....suggestions for alignment, ride height, corner balancing ratios and rake front to rear??
Steve

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Well steve, if you go to the website, all of the info is on there :) Just kidding, looking forward to meeting you at the swap in April. Are you running any extra parts with the coilovers or those alone?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
corner balancing ratios
I think the goal of corner weighting is 50/50 cross corners.
LF + RR = RF + LR.

I've heard of people trying to get the drive wheels close to 50/50.
But that would throw the other end way off making
steering and handling quite differrent between left and right turns.
Or at least that's how it seems it would work to me.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Casey- the PSS9, and front/rear swap bars.
I have always tracked 911's....first with mid-eng......looking to see what works out there.....rather than experimenting.:)
steve

·
Registered
44 Posts
These are specs that have been posted here before and I think they are a good place to start. It's what I have so far on my CS.

Left Front : - 1.0 camber, 7.4 caster, .04 toe

Right Front: -1.0 camber, 7.6 caster, .04 toe

0.08 total toe, 0.00 steer ahead

Left Rear: -1.4 camber, 0.09 toe

Right Rear: -1.4 camber, 0.09 toe

0.18 total toe

0.00 thrust angle

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
OEM rake is .5" to 1" rear being higher.

Front get max camber you can. Rear = Front - 0.5 (e.g. -1.0 Front, -1.5 Rear.)

Tomasz

·
Registered
8 Posts
These are specs that have been posted here before and I think they are a good place to start. It's what I have so far on my CS.

Left Front : - 1.0 camber, 7.4 caster, .04 toe

Right Front: -1.0 camber, 7.6 caster, .04 toe

0.08 total toe, 0.00 steer ahead

Left Rear: -1.4 camber, 0.09 toe

Right Rear: -1.4 camber, 0.09 toe

0.18 total toe

0.00 thrust angle
This is interesting, thanks. On my CS, I'm simply looking to make the car feel more playful and throttle responsive mid corner. Compared to previous Elise/Exiges I've owned, it is just a bit too planted....highly effective, but not very adjustable.

My question is: How does the car feel after these mods? Does it have any drawbacks in normal road driving?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Those alignment settings are all well within Porsche's alignment spec ranges, except for front camber, which is just barely out of spec range (-1.0 degrees versus -.8, according to the specs for my '06 CS). I have -1.0 front camber and have not experienced excessive tire wear on the inside edges. In fact, I also have -1.8 degrees in the rear without excessive wear there either. But if the vast majority of your driving is on fairly straight roads, there may be excessive tire wear along the inside edges. I've got a feeling that you won't get that, however.

I don't know how to make a CS feel like a Lotus, but if you want the CS to feel less planted in corners, a little bit of toe-out in the rear should provide plenty of playfulness and throttle responsiveness in corners, as the rear should feel more lively and unsettled. I prefer the planted feel, however.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts