Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have CS with stock struts, H&R springs, and tarett camber plates. I'm getting it set up next weekend, and I've never gotten a track alignment before. I've read the threads on here and it seems like -2.5/-2.0 F/R camber 0.0/0.08 F/R toe maybe? It has to be very streetable, but the car sees a lot of track use too. One of my concerns is that the rear won't be able to get much camber because it's stock. How important is the F/R camber differential? Thanks for reading!

PS: Is anyone going to the NASA Road Atlanta event March 13-14? I saw a CS is signed up and I'm thinking about going.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Assuming that the H & R springs were lowering springs, you probably picked up about -.7 camber all around. I have -2.0 in the rear with a stock springs so you should be able to get about -2.5 to - 2.7 in the rear. I ran -2.0 in the front last season and am changing to -2.5 this season after reviewing tire wear and temps. I run 0 front toe. My car isn't a daily driver but I haven't experienced any unusual tire wear.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I agree on camber, even with a completely stock setup you can get -2.0 in rear. The factory setting is is like -1.8.
Only thought on toe is that the car will dart around on the street with that little toe. Grooves and ruts will pull you around. Will be OK just be sure you keep a firm grip on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, didn't know they could get that much negative camber in the rear stock. Yeah, the H&R's are the "sport" lowering springs. I guess I'll shoot for -2.5/-2.5 or so.

·
Built for speed AND comfort.
172 Posts
Cool, didn't know they could get that much negative camber in the rear stock. Yeah, the H&R's are the "sport" lowering springs. I guess I'll shoot for -2.5/-2.5 or so.
I have the same setup as you and run -2.4 fr & -2.1 rr with 0 fr & .15 rr toe in ( that's in degrees). Absolutely wonderful setup with Dunlop Direzza Star Spec tires. Gratuitous warning: keep the stock sways! :banana:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Sounds like my settings.

I've been running about -2 in the front (Most I could get), and 1.75 in the rear. I'm pleased with it, I've won my class at the last three timed events with it, almost got an overall FTD at the last track event had it not been for an Atom, and it seems very neutral to me. Definitely a lot better than skating around on 0 degrees front camber. Like the other poster, I run 0 toe. Tire wear may be an issue for you....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: Sounds like my settings.

I run Bilstein Damptronics and MPSCup+ on my Cayman S -06. 996 GT3 LCA and 997 Cup rear track-rods.

Camber F/R -3,5/-2,5, toe F/R 0/0 gives me even tire wear and a balanced car.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
When / if I get camber plates I plan on -1.75 F and -2.25 R. Right now I am -1.0 and -2.0. I do 5 track days per year, so majority is street and I do not want to go overboard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts