Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I called and spoke to the local dealer about 911 4 allocations. Gave him a build code. He told me it is next to impossible to get one. Very rare. Huh? What gives? Won't Porsche build a car if ordered and if the dealer has allocations? He was willing to put in an order with no obligation to buy but said very hard.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Sounds strange for a regular production 911. Is it a small dealer? Was your spec low options? Maybe they have few allocations and prefer to load them with lots of options. If you are willing to travel or have a car shipped you could try some other dealers. I'm in Houston with 3 dealers, but a few years ago ordered a 911 from a dealer in Dallas that had earlier allocations. Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sounds strange for a regular production 911. Is it a small dealer? Was your spec low options? Maybe they have few allocations and prefer to load them with lots of options. If you are willing to travel or have a car shipped you could try some other dealers. I'm in Houston with 3 dealers, but a few years ago ordered a 911 from a dealer in Dallas that had earlier allocations. Best of luck.
Not too heavily optioned 111k. About 11k in options. He said it was a nice build. Fairly big dealer in southern NH. Possible they are looking for more money and heavily optioned cars. But they did order me my lightly optioned Boxster S in 2013.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
I called and spoke to the local dealer about 911 4 allocations. Gave him a build code. He told me it is next to impossible to get one. Very rare. Huh? What gives? Won't Porsche build a car if ordered and if the dealer has allocations? He was willing to put in an order with no obligation to buy.
Are you talking about the 991.2 C4? I just ordered one (as you know) in the US. Those allocations are fairly rare because few people want it. If a buyer can afford a C4, then they can afford a C2S which has higher status and performance numbers. Not as many people want the C4 so PCNA doesn't allocate as many. Dealers have to barter with other dealers and trade allocations which is what my dealership had to do. There are a ton of C2S allocations.

I was originally going to get a Targa 4 and those are really rare. At the time I queried, there were only 3 allocations available from all dealers in the entire US. No way would I have gotten a discount on that one.

But at the same time, the C4 is not a GT3, GTS, etc. If you want one you will get one. The dealer just has to do a bit more work and he may be using this "rare car" phenomena as a price negotiation tool.

Mark

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Not too heavily optioned 111k. About 11k in options. He said it was a nice build. Fairly big dealer in southern NH.
NH sales volume isn't very high, though they tend to lean heavily towards C4/C4S es. RI's volume when I sold them there was higher than all of NH, and RI isn't big volume. MA has four dealers for a reason. Can give you a recommendation on dealer/salesman in MA upon request via PM.

Though could be model year transition being the reason. Don't believe so for the 911 (haven't tracked 911 production in forever), but could be the case.

Reactions: Johnrobbfl

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you talking about the 991.2 C4? I just ordered one (as you know) in the US. Those allocations are fairly rare because few people want it. If a buyer can afford a C4, then they can afford a C2S which has higher status and performance numbers. Not as many people want the C4 so PCNA doesn't allocate as many. Dealers have to barter with other dealers and trade allocations which is what my dealership had to do. There are a ton of C2S allocations.

I was originally going to get a Targa 4 and those are really rare. At the time I queried, there were only 3 allocations available from all dealers in the entire US. No way would I have gotten a discount on that one.

But at the same time, the C4 is not a GT3, GTS, etc. If you want one you will get one. The dealer just has to do a bit more work and he may be using this "rare car" phenomena as a price negotiation tool.

Mark
Mark, you are echoing what the sales dude told me. As rare as the dodo bird, the base Carrera in awd guise.

Reactions: subshooter

·
Registered
832 Posts
All that means is "I don't have it in my stock or in my upcoming orders and I probably won't be able to get one from another dealer". So sit down with the dealer and negotiate a price and order the car. You'll wait a few months but you'll get what you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.