Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
On Probation
582 Posts
i saw one in trenton with a window sticker over 100k....i just laughed to myself

·
Registered
20 Posts
They could have added PCCB and it would be almost $100000.00. Not a fan of ext color in the int. either. What is option "740 - Show finish"?

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
This looks like the Cayman that PCNA had at the LA Auto Show.

My guess is that Porsche is giving Ruznak a lot of money in this car.

Someone should make an offer they can't refuse.

·
Registered
549 Posts
What's amazing about that price is that, for 87 grand, you could really option out a great, great sports car on the 987 platform. There's Sports Chrono here and LSD, along with 19"s, but no PCCBs? For that price? No Sport Exhaust? Sheesh.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Quite a list already (I've highlighted the good stuff to me), but might as well add PCCB if you were serious. It probably is the auto show car. Good find!

640 - Sport Chrono Package Plus
CGA - Headlight Cleaner Cvr Ext.Clr
CXB - Door Entry Grds Stl Steel Illu
CPT - Storage Bin Lid W/Porsche Crst
740 - Show Finish
P23 - PCM 3.0 w/ Extended Navigation
XRP - 5mm Wheel Spacers
870 - Universal Audio Interface
573 - Automatic Climate Control
XME - Rear Ctr Cons Painted Extr Clr
220 - Limited Slip Rear Differential
CDP - Instr Surround Painted Ext Clr
XAU - Grille in Rear Lower Section
P75 - BiXenon Headlights w/Dyn Cornr
XXZ - Foot Rest Aluminum
XDA - Wheels Painted Black
P03 - Sports Bucket Seats
475 - PASM
407 - 19" Sport Design Wheel
250 - 7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung
810 - Floor Mats in Interior Color

I'm still wondering about that Show Finish option...

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
I priced out my "dream" Cayman S on the Porsche website and came in at about $90,000 so this doesn't really surprise me.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I don't see what the fuss is all about. To each is own I guess, One the great things about Porsche are the factory options. You may not agree with what some people do...but at least they built a car. My list came at 96k, it took a year of thinking to end up there...I left things like Pccb and sport exhaust off my build because I will be adding GT3 brakes and TPC turbo.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
When I was shopping for my Cayman I stopped by at Rusnak in Pasadena. I was ready to purchase, looked at some very nice Caymans, had my check book...they would'nt give me the time of day... three salespeople walked right by me...so I walked out.

Stopped by McKenna Porsche in Norwalk and had a very pleasant experience.
John Fernie went out of his way for us.

·
Registered
501 Posts
This looks like the Cayman that PCNA had at the LA Auto Show.
That was my first thought. The give away is the blue nipple for the bi-xenon headlights. I thought that was weird when I saw it at the show. they had this aqua metallic blue cayman, a ruby red metallic boxster S, and another car I can't remember all tricked out with 19 inch sport design rims, up on the plateau against the wall where no one could go up and look at them. They both had the colored headlight washer nipple, which was a head scratcher because that comes standard as chrome. I wonder how much that option costs.

I think it looks gorgeous, that Rusnak photo doesn't do the aqua blue metallic justice. It looks fab in person. And I went to USC, so normally anything in blue I automatically detest to begin with!

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Show Finish is generally an option that european companies use to denote some special painting details for machines that they know are going to be displayed. German term is Messelackierung. The company I work for translates the english as "paint for show". Since the BOM travels with the machine down the production line, it also lets everyone know that the machine is going to be displayed so give it the extra once over.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Makes sense.

Thanks for that info brester!

Show Finish is generally an option that european companies use to denote some special painting details for machines that they know are going to be displayed. German term is Messelackierung. The company I work for translates the english as "paint for show". Since the BOM travels with the machine down the production line, it also lets everyone know that the machine is going to be displayed so give it the extra once over.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You can easily get to 100 grand with options.....My current 06 CS stickered for over $92000 mainly or partially due to interior paint options, which are super costly. Thank god I was not the original buyer.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Porsche marketing is clever in that you come into the store with that "affordable" base price in mind and then you get worked over with options and option pricing. Options on a Cayman S can almost double the sticker. I don't think you could do this, say, on a Z06 Corvette.

Also, Porsche seems to offer fewer "option packages" than other makes, where you can bundle a number of preferred options for a certain type of driving/style for a discounted price. I feel certain the packages allow other carmakers to order parts in bulk for a discount and pass the savings to the customers. Porsche doesn't seem to go for this as much.

I am sure the exchange rate has something to do with it, but that doesn't explain this phenomenon completely. This is one reason why Porsche has been the most profitable car company in the world in recent years....

1 - 20 of 67 Posts