Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's basically been a month since I took delivery of my Agate Grey GT4. I just broke 1000 miles today and I'm finally feeling more at ease and less nervous behind the week.

Some chips on the naked headlights, one scrape on the underside of the front lip, and a small tear on the clear bra on the hood completes like list of small scars.

It was 68 degrees today in the NYC area and I took advantage of that for one more extended drive. The tires were have since they've never seen such warm temperatures in their life so far. But winter is coming, all the signs are here. Here's to hoping it will be a short and mild one.

In the meantime, enjoy the photos!

LND_2463 by Peter Moy, on Flickr

LND_2457 by Peter Moy, on Flickr

LND_2456 by Peter Moy, on Flickr

LND_2451 by Peter Moy, on Flickr

LND_2433 by Peter Moy, on Flickr

LND_2427 by Peter Moy, on Flickr

LND_2424 by Peter Moy, on Flickr

LND_2405 by Peter Moy, on Flickr

LND_2403 by Peter Moy, on Flickr

LND_2400 by Peter Moy, on Flickr

LND_2397 by Peter Moy, on Flickr

LND_2390 by Peter Moy, on Flickr

LND_2387 by Peter Moy, on Flickr

·
Registered
348 Posts
That ghastly front plate. Glad I moved far away from NY. No idea why some states still want two plates.. Ruined the look of beautiful cars.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Gorgeous GT4. Did the winter storage thing for years when we lived north, driving a beater. Fortunately no winter storage is required here. No front license plate either. Come on down!

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments everyone!

I thought about spinning the plate holder off for the photos but was too lazy to do it. I spent a ton of time make sure it was level when I installed it. I'll take it off once I'm out of state for extended road trips next year. Being in NYC I'm constantly crossing bridges and tunnels where there is a police presence at the toll booths and entrances. The GT4 with the huge wing will attract attention and the fines in NYC start at $150.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thanks for the comments everyone!

I thought about spinning the plate holder off for the photos but was too lazy to do it. I spent a ton of time make sure it was level when I installed it. I'll take it off once I'm out of state for extended road trips next year. Being in NYC I'm constantly crossing bridges and tunnels where there is a police presence at the toll booths and entrances. The GT4 with the huge wing will attract attention and the fines in NYC start at $150.
Is it drilled or affixed by hooks?

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
That is an incredible looking car and the photography is awesome. Either you or someone you are with is a professional. :)

I agree that the plate is a major eye sore. Especially off center. Have you considered risking fines driving without it and playing ignorant? Or keeping it in the trunk with the ability to put it on if the cop stops you. ....It would have to be a board cop to do that...

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is an incredible looking car and the photography is awesome. Either you or someone you are with is a professional. :)

I agree that the plate is a major eye sore. Especially off center. Have you considered risking fines driving without it and playing ignorant? Or keeping it in the trunk with the ability to put it on if the cop stops you. ....It would have to be a board cop to do that...
Thank you! I'm a paranoid person to begin with so it's not worth it for me to try and go plateless while driving locally. If I was doing a planned photoshoot I would definitely think about unscrewing the plate. The tow hook makes it simple to do.

I've been dabbling with photography most of my life and the new car has forced me to push myself a bit in terms of trying to make images that stand out more. Instagram and the web has made it much easier for me to look at the various styles of car photography out there and learn from what others are doing.

Funny story, I found one site that I thought had pretty amazing work. The owner had access to a GT4 and GT3 which was what drew me to the place initially. Unfortunately to see of the site I had to present examples of my "work", but my stuff wasn't good enough. That's OK, I love using that as motivation going forward... ;)

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
That ghastly front plate. Glad I moved far away from NY. No idea why some states still want two plates.. Ruined the look of beautiful cars.
Yes, orgasmic pictures, but as soon as eye hits the front plate - it's hard down... Have you considered moving plate center and as low as possible? it wouldn't be difficult to make two brackets to mount it on lower lip like that (pardon for using your picture), with no frame to make it less *a thing*, and at angle to minimize front view area
front.jpg

Also, winter hibernation would be a good time to hardwire all those devices on windshield :)

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, orgasmic pictures, but as soon as eye hits the front plate - it's hard down... Have you considered moving plate center and as low as possible? it wouldn't be difficult to make two brackets to mount it on lower lip like that (pardon for using your picture), with no frame to make it less *a thing*, and at angle to minimize front view area
View attachment 66168

Also, winter hibernation would be a good time to hardwire all those devices on windshield :)
Good idea! Again, this was just a quick shoot this morning while I had the car uncovered. Next time I to a more serious shoot, I'll just spin the plate off. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts