Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Pete,

That's what's missing from your speedchannel viewing in HD with A/C: deafening engine roar and the acrid smell of fuel and oil :)
Plus some of us like mysticcs, bwass124 and racerboy got in early enuf to be in the parade around the track (or traffic-jam around the track). Now I can say I lapped limerock.

:cheers:

·
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

·
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Thanks Brett!

So buying a ticket to the corral also got you some parade laps on the track?
If you were one of the first 50 (I think) to arrive at the Porsche corral you could take one extremely slow and traffic-filled lap around the track during the lunch break.

·
Sprinsteen fanatic
452 Posts
If you were one of the first 50 (I think) to arrive at the Porsche corral you could take one extremely slow and traffic-filled lap around the track during the lunch break.
As in 10 mph slow. :eek: They let the Corvettes go out first and one of them overheated in the 'esses' so we all were just sitting on the track for a while.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Pete,

What site do you use for posting your pics? I maxed out my providers personal web page account limit posting these ALMS pics :(

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
I rolled in around 8:30 and was very surprised to get a parade lap number! All 50 of us were supposed to meet at the corral at 11:30 but since the racing was running a bit behind we didnt get out on the track until past noon. So we get out there and we are taking the lap at a freakin snails pace! I assume they are just getting everyone out on the track and then we would take a couple of somewhat spirited laps. I couldnt believe it when I get back around and they are flagging us back into the infield! What a waste of (bleeeeep) time!!!

Anyway...it was nice to meet a few members for the first time. Shaggyone, Racerboy and Suhkoi. I hung out a bit with MrGolf and his friends (thanks for the beers and dog Chris!) and I saw bwass24. I never found NYPorschechick...I did try though!

The Uphill Corner on the back of the track was an awsome place to watch the LMP cars from. You can get very close to the track and not only is it amazing how late these cars brake into the corners but holy **** is it deafening!! (in a good way).

Jim

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
I sorted out the photo upload problem so here are more pix from LRP!

the scuderia of vespas

optimus prime's evil twin

these cup cars make me want a shot

·
World's Foremost Authority
240 Posts
I watched most of the race from the Limerock Club Clubhouse (Outfield Chalet). There was a 50" flat screen tuned to Speed Channel so we had the best of both worlds. The Outfield Chalet is above Big Bend and is one of the best vantage points at LRP.

CA

41 - 60 of 70 Posts