Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with Aplin PA2's?

I just spent 30 minutes trying to get up my driveway with these in 2 inches of snow. Even on the level surface they felt almost like summer tires.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I drove with them in severe winter conditions on an Audi TT A few years back. I would rate them about equal to the Pirelli Sottozero IIs I currently have on my CS. How is the tread depth? Below 6/32nds any snow tire's performance is dramatically reduced.

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts
Pic of driveway and its angular slope would be helpful in your case

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
<How are the Pirellis?>

The Pirellis have decent snow and ice capabilities, but really shine on cold, dry pavement. We have seen well over a foot of snow here in the past couple of days, and I've had both the GTS and the CS out...the snow is so deep in places that the GTS (with Aerokit Cup) is throwing up the powdery white stuff like a snowplow; the CS is motoring through it just fine.

·
Registered
259 Posts
<How are the Pirellis?>
the snow is so deep in places that the GTS (with Aerokit Cup) is throwing up the powdery white stuff like a snowplow;
Need pictures, I'd like a new desktop background :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I talked to a bunch of people about the snow yesterday. They all said the same thing - as soon as it was compacted it immediately was turning to ice. Perhaps that was it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts