Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the "Alternate hatch boom fix" for an '09/10 Cayman described in Facelvega's excellent article below?

Alternate Clunk, Boom and Rattle Fix - Articles

I'm finding that the snap fasteners in my '10 CS that hold the rear access cover in place are different that earlier models. The snap fasteners don't just seem to pop out anymore and they look very different from the picture in the article. Here's a picture of the new one (sorry for the poor quality):

Can anyone suggest how to remove these things?

Many thanks.

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
I dont have any clunk or boom in my 2010 car. You do?

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4by4,

I have what seems to me a "sonic boom" noise when going over sharp bumps or broken pavement. There's resonance in the cabin that translates to pressure reverberating on your ears. (It's my only real complaint about my new car.) I've read up on all the "clunk and boom" posts from '07 (including your posts) and it seems like the same problem to me. Here's one of the threads:

http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxster-complaints/15792-clunk-boom.html

Did you have an older Cayman that you traded in for an '10? How do you compare this problem in the current model to the older one? I'm eager to hear.

I've already tried the halfway solution of tightening down the rubber bumpers proposed by CaySman in the article below and that has helped the issue somewhat.

http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxs...om-i-solved-tightening-rear-rubber-studs.html

Many thanks,
-Redbear

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Redbear,
I know exactly what you mean with the clunk and the boom problem. I had both problems in the 06 car. The Boom is due to a pressure wave when the lid moves up and down. The clunk is when the lid bottoms out. I went to the dealer and they did the upgrade and adjustments and thereafter it was fine.

My 2010 car does not have any problems with clunk or boom so setup must be all correct. In fact I think the boom effect is even non existant now in the new car.
I figure the upgrade should now exist on all cars after about 08/09.
If you have this then just take it back to the dealer and get them to fix it.
:cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts