Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

It looks like a few of you have sorted this already but since on our car (November delivery) the clubsport package and bucket seats were not an available option the wife and I are simply going to swap seats ourselves. I have a nice Recaro in my Lotus but am wondering if there is something other of you have tried an recommend that balances weight, comfort, and looks?

We went with silver/gray accents on the car including the seatbelt and so I think it would be good to have the seats match that to some extent. Cipher seems to make a seat that fits that bill but I don't have any experience with them:

CPA1017FBKGY Cipher Racing Seats - Black and Grey Cloth at Andy's Auto Sport

Thoughts?

Anyway now that Fall is rapidly approaching I am letting myself get excited about this car --- and reading your posts is definitely accelerating that process!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've never heard of cipher seats, from a financial standpoint they're are very cost effective but with seats in my experience you get what you pay for. i would stick with Recaro's, Sparco, Status, or Bride, they all make FIA certified shells so i can imagine their street seats are very well made as well, I've had recaro's and Bride's and can say they are very well made seats but on the pricey end, about ten times that of the ciphers

·
Registered
534 Posts
Uhh... $270 for a PAIR of seats?? I would be very very worried about the quality of those units.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Get the Recaro Sportster seats you already know from your Lotus. I loved them in my old Evora S - though the carbon fibre sport seats in my CR are even better, but at a ridiculous price tag... not worth retrofitting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts