Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Porschiste
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the snow melts, I'm wondering what to do about roadside assistance. The Macan is still covered by Porsche Roadside Assistance, but the Cayman R is long past that benefit. Last year I had a basic CAA membership largely because I was concerned about the Cayenne. With the Cayenne gone, now, considering the mods I have made to the Cayman, I'm more concerned about that car but I'm irked at having to pay for a year of roadside assistance when my car spends six month in my garage under a cover....

I can suspend my registration and insurance during this time, but has anyone every tried to suspend their CAA cover or is there a Canadian alternative that addresses this issue?

·
Registered
361 Posts
My Boxster ran out of warranty and I was concerned about the loss of Porsche roadside assistance and signed up with CAA for a year to get coverage if I needed flatbed service for a flat.

I was poking around on this website looking for a new travel credit card that will eliminate the foreign currency surcharge that most Canadian cards charge and discovered this card which eliminates the surcharge but also offers roadside assistance. The card has no annual fee:

https://www.greedyrates.ca/blog/home-trust-preferred-visa-review/

·
Porschiste
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I also looked at credit card options and ended up keeping the cards I've got and going with RBC Road Assist - their "Platinum" level is cheaper than the CAA and includes more service calls and 250 km of distance on a tow. Still wish there was a six month option....

·
Registered
643 Posts
IIRC Canadian Tire sells roadside packages in time increments, so you might look there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts