Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering picking up the factory aluminum dead pedal for no real reason other than I think Porsche is lame for making one pedal of four look cheaper than the rest.

Has anyone installed this bit aftermarket? I'm sure Suncoast is correct that installation is "simple" but figured I'd ask here, where surely someone has tried this before me.

Anybody have any tips/advice?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm considering picking up the factory aluminum dead pedal for no real reason other than I think Porsche is lame for making one pedal of four look cheaper than the rest.

Has anyone installed this bit aftermarket? I'm sure Suncoast is correct that installation is "simple" but figured I'd ask here, where surely someone has tried this before me.

Anybody have any tips/advice?
I have installed the factory aluminum dead pedal—I purchased it from Suncoast Porsche as well. As I recall, the dead pedal currently in the car is removed by pulling/pushing it vertically up a bit, so that a "hook" is released in the back of the pedal. It then pulls out of position readily. You will see the "hook" I am referring to when the new pedal arrives. If you look at the new pedal carefully, it gives you a clue as to how to remove the original pedal.

Installing the new one amounts to pushing it down in to position from above and then pushing it in place until it locks with a click.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts