Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have a pic of these installed? I know it's like sacrilege to have anything but clear Side markers immediately upon taking delivery, but I happen to think Amber looks decent on a black car.......I know:crazy:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I think the only two colors that looks normal with amber sides are yellow and red. All other colors looks great with clear. I've only see one other 981 with clears besides myself so it's not common to see clears on 981, at least not around here.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Tom, but I'm looking for pics of the Amber LED versions. The stock ones are not LED.....i could be wrong tho

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Thanks Tom, but I'm looking for pics of the Amber LED versions. The stock ones are not LED.....i could be wrong tho
Is there any such thing? The stock ones are not LED. I've never heard of amber LED replacements. Note that the clear LED replacements light up amber.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Sorry, my misteak. I had just gotten so tired of the clear lamps on my last 3 BMWs that I was happy to have the amber lenses on my 981 - even if they don't contain LEDs.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Funny thing, Tom K, I have the exact same idea. My first 3 Caymans have all had clear installed. I am probably going to keep the amber or go LED amber with my 2016 Cayman I ordered in Mahogany Metallic. In fact, I ordered the color center caps as I think the gold tone in those will go well with the amber and Mahogany.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I purchased clear corners and was not happy with it due to the single amber bulb sitting in clear assembly. So, I went with ordering the LED ones and could not be happier. They are around $100 on sun coast.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Is there any such thing? The stock ones are not LED. I've never heard of amber LED replacements. Note that the clear LED replacements light up amber.
I know that my 2013 BS had non-LED, but when I mentioned saving the clear front markers for the 2016 GTS the SA said the new car had LED bulbs and he would take care if it... :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Anyone here have a pic of these installed? I know it's like sacrilege to have anything but clear Side markers immediately upon taking delivery, but I happen to think Amber looks decent on a black car.......I know:crazy:
I agree with you they look better on some colors. On a white car I prefer them quite a bit since they add a little bit of color that's otherwise lacking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts