Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
1,144 Posts
I thank both of you for your thoughts on my situation; guess the deal wasn't as good as I thought! Do yo really think if I offered $42K for a car that they wanted $49K for originally, they'd be willing to still sell that bad boy? I'm no salesman by far, and this IS the first car that I'm going to be purchasing myself, but I would've thought that was pushing it..however, I'll be sure to give it a shot tomorrow. General ?...how much less do you usually push for when going with a counter offer?

Happy that I got your honest opinions, but they hit me a little harder than I thought lol! Maybe I should continue to hold off and keep looking...and keep my word until January...
What they are asking for it really has little to do with whats it worth to you.The price as negotiated sounds reasonable to me.You can always take them a little deeper.It depends too on how well they did on the trade as to how much wiggle room that the dealer has.If they did well on the trade ask them what is the true bottom line where they still make money and you are happy.You can both agree on a price neither of you like.If they are upside down in the trade then possible they are going to try and re-coup some of that loss through the trade,At YOUR expense.The bottom line is that they need to move inventory each month.It costs money to run a dealership and each month is a new beginning....Like others have said if the car fits your criteria and from it sounds like is not too far out in price go for it.Just do not comparison shop after the purchase because you will drive yourself nuts:crazy.Enjoy enjoy and enjoy "whatsa behind us does not matter".If you have the car already by the time you read this ramble CONGRATULATIONS:cheers:

· Premium Member
1,144 Posts
tomorrow's the big day.. going to pick it up:banana:. Don't know why i'm nervous lol; I'm actually my nervous about this than i was when I purchased my home for some reason! Let's hope that's not a bad sign...wish me luck please!
Tic-Toc Tic-Toc Tic-Toc.:beer:It's all good. Have fun today (4/7/10) Alot of people would gladly have "our problem"......:cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.