Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
151 Posts
Bought my '08 CS similarly optioned new for $53K. IMO, yours is not a great deal, but a good one. How bad do you want this car? If you're willing to walk away, offer $42K firm and stick to your guns. If you really want it, offer $45K firm out the door including all costs such as taxes etc. AFAIK '08's aren't flying out of the showrooms right now, the '09+ models with DFI perform and should hold their value better. No matter what, check on the remaining factory warranty years & miles, and use that as a bargaining chip if possible. HTH. Dave

· Registered
151 Posts
Ultimately, only you can decide what's a good deal for you. If you really want the car, you can still work with them on price: find out when the 4/50 warranty was put into effect and how much remains; offer to pay their price if they throw in a free or heavily discounted extended warranty; ask if they'll throw in the first 12K service; tell them you have reservations about dealership managers using the car as a demo car for most of its life (I would); let them know you're aware that '09+ models will perform and hold their value better; let them know you're aware it's a tough economy and a buyer's market; feel them out to see if they'll drop the price any further or throw anything else in. Decide up front what that car is worth to you, or what else it would take to get you to buy it, then stick to your plan when you talk to the dealer. Don't worry that they won't be your friend if you bargain hard or don't buy the car, they regard this as a pure business transaction and so should you. HTH. Dave

· Registered
151 Posts
If you like the car, and are happy with the price - buy it! You probably won't go too far wrong, and there's something to be said for buying from Porsche. Life can be short, and you should enjoy it. Re-read all the advice above before you go back, and see if there isn't something else they can do for you (probably not, though). It is quite a good deal and a beautiful car, no reason NOT to buy it that I can see. Make your decision, and be happy with the outcome. Dave

· Registered
151 Posts
Oh, and once you buy a Cayman, stop looking at other Caymans for sale and kicking yourself in the *** for BETTER deals you MIGHT have had! Instead, make your best decision, move forward, and enjoy your Cayman now. :) Dave

· Registered
151 Posts
I've been driving stick (& riding bikes) since I was a teen 35 years ago. Mostly BMWs which shift well, and just came out of a Honda S2000 which sets the standard for excellent shifting. While I obviously love the CS, I don't find it the easiest car to shift, specifically the clutch is difficult to modulate well consistently especially when starting off in first. There's a simple mod, haven't tried it yet, that might help with this - links below are for the article describing the mod, and the associated thread discussing the results. Not trying to morph this thread, but this might help. Dave

Clutch Delay Fix - Articles

http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxster-modifications/25405-clutch-delay-switch-defeated-joy.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.