Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may have read my post asking about cleaning up a used exhaust.

Polish an aftermarket exhaust before selling?

I was curious enough that I Googled around and found this youtube clip describing how to clean and polish a stainless steel exhaust. I pretty much just followed the steps in the video and wanted to share some pictures.

As a first step I cleaned and polished one exhaust tip, muffler and resonator on one side of the exhaust and kept the other how it looked after a quick wipe down.

IMG_1950.jpg

The wiped down muffler and resonator

IMG_1951.jpg

The opposite side muffler and resonator after cleaning and polishing

IMG_1952.jpg

Here's the two sides together apologies for the long shadows in the December sun.
IMG_1949.jpg

So here's the big question, will I be able to get a little more cash for my few hours of cleaning and polishing? I guess I'll find out.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and here's a pic of the Exhaust totally polished up. This was a process where I got better at it as I went, so it's conceivable I could go over the exhaust again, but I was pretty happy with results.

IMG_0228.jpg

·
Registered
292 Posts
I know I'd prefer to buy the shiny version versus the pre version. Always helps to spend a little time making things as good as they can be for the next guy. It always amazes me when you see pics of cars for sale that are in desperate need of a clean. I went to look at a car that had fast food bags in the back and Red Bull cans everywhere.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what I'd like to hear! I'm hoping this exhaust will fund a GT3 master cylinder and a factory SSK, and maybe something left over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts