Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
am I the only one getting a little annoyed with the huge photo of the Boxter upon opening the Cayman Club home page?
Few thoughts here. (A bit too serious, probably)

• These cars are joined at the hip. The Boxster and Cayman share about 98% of their parts and 100% of their DNA. The heritage of both can be traced to the legendary 550 Spyder and Coupe of the 1950s.

• Porsche is clearly consolidating its car lines. That's interesting news.

• You might think of the Boxster as the Cayman Cabriolet.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
<blockquote id="quote">quote:<hr noshade="" id="quote" height="1" /> am I the only one getting a little annoyed with the huge photo of the Boxter upon opening the Cayman Club home page? <hr noshade="" id="quote" height="1" /></blockquote> Few thoughts here. (A bit too serious, probably)
• These cars are joined at the hip. The Boxster and Cayman share about 98% of their parts and 100% of their DNA. The heritage of both can be traced to the legendary 550 Spyder and Coupe of the 1950s.
• Porsche is clearly consolidating its car lines. That's interesting news.
• You might think of the Boxster as the Cayman Cabriolet.
A survey of part number will yield more 997 parts than Boxster parts. One might think of a Boxster as a Boxster, a Cayman a Cayman, and a 997 as a 911.

·
Registered
101 Posts
ROFL. Great reply Gatorcayman. I needed a good laugh. Touche. By the way if you check out the thread on the ashtray mod you'll find that the hole in the current ashtrayis where you can put out your cigarette.

·
Registered
299 Posts
A survey of part number will yield more 997 parts than Boxster parts.
Well, okay, I must admit to never reviewing a Porsche parts list. Sounds like a fair substitute for Sominex. But how many 997 parts are also in the Boxster? The Boxster and Cayman share dimensions, chassis, suspension, most engine parts, brakes, interiors, electronics, plumbing, safety gear, instrumentation, options list, on and on. There are differences in the details. The Cayman is its own car -- on that everyone agrees -- but there's no mistaking where it came from.

Edited by - SurfCity on 06/20/2006 12:08:17 PM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts