Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

today I called the dealer, asking for pricing on service for an 08CS

Annual service- $380 I think visual inspection of everything, oil change, if the car needs air filter they don't charge labor, just extra for the part like $59
if you also need the element filter, if replaced extra $111
total $550 in case I need the element filter and air filter.
or

what u guys think.
$180 oil change
$111 particle element filter
$143 air filter
total $434 and everything changed, no visual inspections

or just

$380 get the oil inspection and Diagnosis system: Read out fault memory etc.. and do the air and element filters if need it by my self .

·
Registered
160 Posts
My choice would be have the dealer do it (most importantly if warranty is still good) and ask them to note any leaks, odd things...anything they see so that it goes on the record...and you can advocate warranty service if needed. It seems to me that since they see alot of these cars and they know Porsche will pay for the work....let them inspect every aspect of the car...air filters and etc....so that someone looks at it...for a car that likely cost over $60k this seems like a prudent course of action given how expensive repairs can be...just my thoughts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My choice would be have the dealer do it (most importantly if warranty is still good) and ask them to note any leaks, odd things...anything they see so that it goes on the record...and you can advocate warranty service if needed. It seems to me that since they see alot of these cars and they know Porsche will pay for the work....let them inspect every aspect of the car...air filters and etc....so that someone looks at it...for a car that likely cost over $60k this seems like a prudent course of action given how expensive repairs can be...just my thoughts
yeah you prob right, I might just do that, just wanted to compare pricing..

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
I am too lazy to go and get my invoice, sorry, but I think my one year service which was a 15 point inspection, oil/filter change cabin filter was good, plus they plugged a tire was barely $300 US. I would/will do my own filters probably save some coin and something I could do..........2 cents

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
It is very easy to change the air and cabin filters yourself--learn how in the "Articles" section of this web site. Save your parts reciepts in your maintenance booklet so warranty is not an issue. Buy parts at good prices and Planet 9 discount at sponsor Suncoast.

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
I love my Cayman but wish maintainence is included like my BMW...
The maintenance in the BMW plan is factored into the price. There is no free lunch. In general, paying for an oil change and maintenance plan, and extended warranties, is a bad investment, as most folks part with the car without benefiting fully of the terms. If you are one of those rare folks that owns the car all the way through the "included" maintenance, congratulations.

Personally, I prefer to pay as I go.

Porsche dealerships charge more than independent shops. But, they are more knowledgeable on all of the newest models soonest. I use them for annual maintenance. And judging by the way other folks are getting their cars abused at some independent shops, I am inclined to continue to do so even after the warranty is up.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I use my dealer for everything. They have taken care of me on every issue I've had with the car. Plus if you purchase you car new from Porsche of the Village and follow the Porsche's maintenance schedule they will warrant the drive train for life. A couple of people have cashed on on this. I know, they are banking on my selling the car in 4 years. However, I may keep this one past 4 years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.