Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happened to be in the neighborhood stopped by at my local dealer they just listed this 14 981S CPO platinum silver low mile optioned the way I like it.... uggh ..took it home yesterday..... will be my number ?? Porsche ? i lost count the addiction is real lol!! I'll leave it stock for now but im already thinking Softronic tune, x73 suspension, techart or gt4 spoiler and sport exhaust .. wonder if X73 is still backordered? ....ok ill leave it alone for now....haha!
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
congrats very nice. I have a 987,2 cayman s manual bought in 2019 and as soon as the CPO expired I went nuts and couldnt be happier! softronic tune, soul headers, IPD Plenum, GT# brake master, B9 Billsteins etc ... worth every penny ! Enjoy ...

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
congrats very nice. I have a 987,2 cayman s manual bought in 2019 and as soon as the CPO expired I went nuts and couldnt be happier! softronic tune, soul headers, IPD Plenum, GT# brake master, B9 Billsteins etc ... worth every penny ! Enjoy ...
Thanks... i miss my 987.2 love it!! enjoy !! great mods!!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Nice, congrats!

And yup...still backordered lol. I just checked earlier in the week. You know it's not a good sign when they start carrying lowering springs and pushing those as the alternative.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That is a beautiful car! Congratulations! I had to join this forum after seeing that post... :)

And, ....because I'm eyeing a a very similar car. 2014 s, sport exhaust, sport steering wheel, manual, 19" Carrera wheels, and a few other goodies. It's a one owner car kept in a climate controlled club garage all its life with 20,000 miles on it, never tracked. All service records available. In my generally OCD car assessing way, this is a pretty good example. It was ordered, the owner says, to minimize electronic complexity and maximize driver experience.

But,....I've never owed a Porsche before. This is not a CPO car, just a private inside sale. I have been modifying and playing around with a Mazdaspeed Miata for the last 5 years, but the Cayman is a different animal. I have a learning curve (no dip stick, wtf?!). The biggest red flag this car has for me is it has sat in that climate controlled storage almost too much. Since 2019 it has driven about 200 miles. I am setting up two independent PPI's from trusted resources; the very competent local Porsche dealer, and a trusted Porsche mechanic friend.

There is a lot of experience on this forum. What do you make of the risks of a garage princess? Thanks!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Probably not many. I wouldn't treat an inspection on this any differently. Check the usual for cars sitting around; tires, battery, etc. Check the usual problem areas; headliner, door cards, headlight delam, etc. Check for recalls done. 20k service. DME report.
If everything checks out, I'm sure it's fine! Enjoy it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congrats! I have a guards red 981S 6mt with x73 and I love it. I think you're correct, x73 is sold out and so is PSE. If you end up going the PSE route, I'm selling mine in a couple of weeks:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congrats! I have a guards red 981S 6mt with x73 and I love it. I think you're correct, x73 is sold out and so is PSE. If you end up going the PSE route, I'm selling mine in a couple of weeks:)
Curious to know why you are selling your PSE. Really enjoy mine. You have a great spec - also love my Guards Red 6MT!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Curious to know why you are selling your PSE. Really enjoy mine. You have a great spec - also love my Guards Red 6MT!

I have it paired with soul street headers and I really do like it but I want a far more aggressive setup and I've ordered the Soul exhaust with their catless headers and plan on getting their tuning option also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My garage queen experience -
14 CS, 6MT, 3000 miles. Stored in climate control, paint and interior perfect. 1 owner trade to the P dealer he bought it from, so I got it with CPO and had it transported. After delivery I noticed that the tires were original, dated 04/13. Local dealer replaced tires at no cost. I soon had intermittent loss of power steering, diagnosed as faulty steering rack. Car sat at dealer for a couple of weeks waiting for the part. Dealer then also replaced both door cards, headliner, and frunk struts that they said were faulty. Parts total for that that work would have been about $7K, plus labor at over $200 per hour, so I’m very glad I had the CPO. Also very happy to have a low mileage car that is in great shape. I have put 2500 miles on it since I bought it in early January, so those low miles won’t last long.

That is a beautiful car! Congratulations! I had to join this forum after seeing that post... :)

And, ....because I'm eyeing a a very similar car. 2014 s, sport exhaust, sport steering wheel, manual, 19" Carrera wheels, and a few other goodies. It's a one owner car kept in a climate controlled club garage all its life with 20,000 miles on it, never tracked. All service records available. In my generally OCD car assessing way, this is a pretty good example. It was ordered, the owner says, to minimize electronic complexity and maximize driver experience.

But,....I've never owed a Porsche before. This is not a CPO car, just a private inside sale. I have been modifying and playing around with a Mazdaspeed Miata for the last 5 years, but the Cayman is a different animal. I have a learning curve (no dip stick, wtf?!). The biggest red flag this car has for me is it has sat in that climate controlled storage almost too much. Since 2019 it has driven about 200 miles. I am setting up two independent PPI's from trusted resources; the very competent local Porsche dealer, and a trusted Porsche mechanic friend.

There is a lot of experience on this forum. What do you make of the risks of a garage princess? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks...you using the existing electronic with the soul or you selling complete package? (valve connection , sportexhaust button etc..) let me know...

·
Registered
17 Posts
thanks...you using the existing electronic with the soul or you selling complete package? (valve connection , sportexhaust button etc..) let me know...

Hey man, I am not selling the complete kit, just the exhaust, not the electronics. I want to keep that functionality.

I spoke to Soul yesterday and they sell a valve controller kit for like 200 bucks that let's you use a key fob or home link buttons to control pse and has all the parts you need to setup PSE without PSE functionality. Lmk if you have any questions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts