Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Another 981S :)

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Zosalim 
#1 ·
Happened to be in the neighborhood stopped by at my local dealer they just listed this 14 981S CPO platinum silver low mile optioned the way I like it.... uggh ..took it home yesterday..... will be my number ?? Porsche ? i lost count the addiction is real lol!! I'll leave it stock for now but im already thinking Softronic tune, x73 suspension, techart or gt4 spoiler and sport exhaust .. wonder if X73 is still backordered? ....ok ill leave it alone for now....haha!
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

See less See more
#5 ·
That is a beautiful car! Congratulations! I had to join this forum after seeing that post... :)

And, ....because I'm eyeing a a very similar car. 2014 s, sport exhaust, sport steering wheel, manual, 19" Carrera wheels, and a few other goodies. It's a one owner car kept in a climate controlled club garage all its life with 20,000 miles on it, never tracked. All service records available. In my generally OCD car assessing way, this is a pretty good example. It was ordered, the owner says, to minimize electronic complexity and maximize driver experience.

But,....I've never owed a Porsche before. This is not a CPO car, just a private inside sale. I have been modifying and playing around with a Mazdaspeed Miata for the last 5 years, but the Cayman is a different animal. I have a learning curve (no dip stick, wtf?!). The biggest red flag this car has for me is it has sat in that climate controlled storage almost too much. Since 2019 it has driven about 200 miles. I am setting up two independent PPI's from trusted resources; the very competent local Porsche dealer, and a trusted Porsche mechanic friend.

There is a lot of experience on this forum. What do you make of the risks of a garage princess? Thanks!

#10 ·
My garage queen experience -
14 CS, 6MT, 3000 miles. Stored in climate control, paint and interior perfect. 1 owner trade to the P dealer he bought it from, so I got it with CPO and had it transported. After delivery I noticed that the tires were original, dated 04/13. Local dealer replaced tires at no cost. I soon had intermittent loss of power steering, diagnosed as faulty steering rack. Car sat at dealer for a couple of weeks waiting for the part. Dealer then also replaced both door cards, headliner, and frunk struts that they said were faulty. Parts total for that that work would have been about $7K, plus labor at over $200 per hour, so I’m very glad I had the CPO. Also very happy to have a low mileage car that is in great shape. I have put 2500 miles on it since I bought it in early January, so those low miles won’t last long.

That is a beautiful car! Congratulations! I had to join this forum after seeing that post... :)

And, ....because I'm eyeing a a very similar car. 2014 s, sport exhaust, sport steering wheel, manual, 19" Carrera wheels, and a few other goodies. It's a one owner car kept in a climate controlled club garage all its life with 20,000 miles on it, never tracked. All service records available. In my generally OCD car assessing way, this is a pretty good example. It was ordered, the owner says, to minimize electronic complexity and maximize driver experience.

But,....I've never owed a Porsche before. This is not a CPO car, just a private inside sale. I have been modifying and playing around with a Mazdaspeed Miata for the last 5 years, but the Cayman is a different animal. I have a learning curve (no dip stick, wtf?!). The biggest red flag this car has for me is it has sat in that climate controlled storage almost too much. Since 2019 it has driven about 200 miles. I am setting up two independent PPI's from trusted resources; the very competent local Porsche dealer, and a trusted Porsche mechanic friend.

There is a lot of experience on this forum. What do you make of the risks of a garage princess? Thanks!

#6 ·
Probably not many. I wouldn't treat an inspection on this any differently. Check the usual for cars sitting around; tires, battery, etc. Check the usual problem areas; headliner, door cards, headlight delam, etc. Check for recalls done. 20k service. DME report.
If everything checks out, I'm sure it's fine! Enjoy it!

#8 ·
Curious to know why you are selling your PSE. Really enjoy mine. You have a great spec - also love my Guards Red 6MT!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.